We're working with our community organizations and businesses to provide updates on hours, closures, and other information relevant to the public as we navigate the COVID-19 situation. Many of our local businesses are working hard to maintain clean and safe environments for customers and clients through this time. We encourage you to continue to support local businesses as you are able. This page will be updated daily. If you've like to submit information on your business or organization, please email email@example.com with details.
Click on the link below to jump to the topic.
Grinnell-Newburg Community School will plan to be closed through the end of the year. All athletic activities, practices and events are cancelled through April 30th. Updates will be sent via email, posted on their website and Facebook page.
- Grinnell-Newburg is continuing to offer free meal pick up but it has been moved to Grinnell High School and will now be from 11AM - 12:30PM. Please continue to sign up for curbside pick-up via this form. If you already filled out the form for Davis you don't need to fill it out again. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Meal Pick up will take place in the West Parking Lot, Auditorium Entrance, under the awning. Please see this map for driving and pick up instructions. Please remember to remain in your vehicle, place your vehicle in park, open your passenger side window, and open your trunk or gate from inside your vehicle. You are not required to have your student with you to pick up meals.
This food program is available for all income levels. Anyone with children who are age 1-18 can receive meals. We hope that all of our community will benefit from this service.
We are gathering information regarding your ability to access the internet at home. Please complete this survey by Next Friday April 10, 2020.
Drake Community Library COVID19 Community Resource Guide
UnityPoint Health - Grinnell Regional Medical Center
- Click HERE for more information and guidance on the COVID-19 Pandemic from UPH-GRMC.
- Click HERE to make a donation to the Compassion Fund to help aid our employees on the frontlines of the COVID challenge.
- Click HERE to see a list of updates from the Poweshiek County Supervisors.
- Click HERE to see an update from the Poweshiek County Emergency Management Agency
City of Grinnell
In order to help prevent community spread of COVID-19 in Grinnell and support the efforts of the community to promote social distancing all city buildings have been closed to the public. This includes Grinnell City Hall.
•Administrative Staff - 641-236-2600 - Staff Directory
•Utility Accounts - 641-236-2600
•Building Permits - 641-236-2600 - email@example.com
•Recreation Department - 641-236-2620 - firstname.lastname@example.org
•Public Services - 641-236-2632 - email@example.com
•Police Department - 641-236-2670 - Staff Directory
•Housing Authority - 641-236-2600 - firstname.lastname@example.org
•Drake Community Library - 641-236-2661 - email@example.com
Utility Payment Options:
•Drop Box - Across the street to the north of the city hall
•By Mail to 520 4th Avenue Grinnell IA 50112
•Online through your bank
•Credit Card or E-check through the City’s Online Payment Vendor (PSN) - There are fees associated with this payment option - call City Hall 641-236-2600 for more information.
•Sign up for Automatic Withdrawal from your checking or savings account - This option is not available for past due bills
Completed forms can also be placed in our drop box or mailed to 520 4th Avenue.
Please visit our website for accurate information for the City of Grinnell - www.grinnelliowa.gov.
- Grinnell Food Coalition is distributing grocery vouchers to help residents during this period. More information about this program and other resources can be found on the Ahrens Foundation website. Individuals and families can request grocery vouchers through the form on the website or they may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 641-236-5518, ext. 109.
- Tax deductible contributions may be made online at www.localfoodsconnection.com/donate or sent via mail to Local Foods Connection @ PO Box 719 Grinnell, IA 50112 Attn: COVID 19 Response.
- MICA, Imagine Grinnell, Tiger Packs, Local Foods Connection, the Chamber, Grinnell College, along with local churches and our schools are collecting donations to purchase food and sundries for people in our community. Items will be stored in a safe and sanitary location and allocated to various community partners who are already distributing resources to those who need extra support during this time. Left over funds will be donated to Mid Iowa Community Action.
- For more information, click HERE.
Click HERE to add our #GRINNtogether banner to your Facebook profile photo.
Acupuncture Clinic of Grinnell
- Has reopened with limited hours and extra time between appointments. As per Unity Point recommendations everyone will wear masks. No longer operate two rooms at the same time, and will add extra time in between patients for additional cleaning. Will continue with limited hours for the foreseeable future. We all have vulnerable people in our lives and my aim is to keep us all safe. Please call or text 641-821-0108 to make an appointment.
- Open for dine-in services and carry out everyday 6AM - 2PM. Call 641-236-9117. To order pies, call 641-990-7285.
- Front of house is masked, dining area tables are now 6 feet apart, and staff is taking more precautionary measures to keep our customers and staff safe.
Bates Flowers by Design
- Open for walk in business. Limit 3 customers in store, customers are asked to maintain 6 feet fro those not in their party. Credit and Debit card transactions preferred. Still available to take orders over the phone and doing no contact delivery. Call 236-3197 or click HERE.
Beau•ty Hair & Nail Studio
- Will reopen Saturday, May 16th at their new location (1111 West Street). Open by appointment only. Call 515-577-7096. No walk-ins available.
Beckman Gallery & Gifts
- Will reopen Friday, May 15 and will be open 10AM - 4PM Monday through Saturday. Customer framing will be by appointment only - please call the store (641-236-3344) to set up a time. No more than 5 customers in the store at a time and face masks will be required. We will actively be sanitizing to ensure your safety as well as our staff. Please practice social distancing.
- Will reopen Monday, June 1st. Hours will be Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM, Saturday 9AM - 2PM by appointment only. Call or message on Facebook to schedule an appointment.
- Staff will be wearing masks, customers are asked to wear a mask as well.
- Open Tuesday through Friday, 9AM - 6PM and Saturday 9AM - 2PM. We again ask that you only visit our store for critical needs, which would include urgent troubleshooting (calling, texting or internet functionality only) or essential device purchases. We encourage you to visit our website to pay your cellular bill or call, 888-493-3455.
Brown's Shoe Fit
- Will be open to walk-in traffic with social distancing practices in place. Private appointments can be made via message or phone. You are still able to order/pay over the phone, select free shipping or curbside pickup or they are offering free deliver within a 15 mile radius. Shop online HERE.
- Open for dine-in starting Monday, May 18th. We will be allowing customers to sit in every other booth or table practicing 6-ft apart. — Our staff will be wearing masks and gloves to keep everyone safe. —Hand sanitizers will be at the entrance also by the bathrooms. — Menus and tables will be sanitized every time a customer uses them.— All condiments will be removed from tables and Will be served in packets upon request. — We ask our customers that are sick or feel any type of symptoms to respect and follow the stay home order.
- New Hours:
- Monday: 7:30AM - 8PM
- Tuesday: 7:30AM - 3PM
- Wednesday: 7:30AM - 8PM
- Thursday: 7:30AM - 8PM
- Friday: 7:30AM - 8PM
- Saturday: 7:30AM - 8PM
- Sunday: 7:30AM - 3PM
Giggles & Bows
- Will be open Monday - Saturday 10AM - 4PM with the following guidelines: Please use hand sanitizer before entering-don't have any on hand, we will provide you with some. Please wear a mask. Children are welcome but must be supervised as the toys have had to be put away.
- Private shopping appointments are available, call 641-236-0182
- Purchases can be made online at www.gigglesnbows.com. Anything pictured on Facebook may be purchased by messaging or by phone. Payments can be taken by phone or PayPal invoice.
Grin City Bakery
- Will be open Friday & Saturday mornings for walk up traffic. Customers will order outside at the service window.
- Will open Friday, May 15th at Noon for lunch service. Order online for pick up at GrinnellToGo.com!
- open for dine-in services beginning Friday, May 15th from 5PM - 9PM. We're following CDC and state guidelines by only seating at 50% capacity, and we ask that you assist us in following those guidelines by keeping your groups to 6 or fewer and maintaining a 6 foot distance from other patrons. We strongly recommend reservations (either via phone or on our website). Our full menu at grinnellheroes.com will still be available for carry-out.
- New Hours:
- Monday - Thursday lunch: 11AM - 2:30PM
- Monday - Thursday dinner: 5PM - 8:30PM
- Friday - Saturday lunch: 11AM - 2:30PM
- Friday - Saturday dinner: 5PM - 9PM
- Closed Sunday
- Now open regular store hours: 6AM - 10PM
- In-store dining is now open.
- Will be open for limited seating. Still accepting takeout - call 641-260-6988 or visit GrinnellToGo.com to order. Click HERE for menu options.
- Jensen Opt will be open for all eyesore services with the following protocols to ensure the safety of our patients and team: Masks are worn by staff and strongly encouraged for patients, frequent hand washing, staff and patient temperatures taken upon entry, polycarbonate shield at the front desk, wipe down of all chairs an equipments between each patient, disinfect frames patients have tried on, scrubs worn by technicians and doctors for ease of cleaning, limiting number of staff and patients in the office at one time and removing chars to ensure proper physical distancing.
- They are still available for ocular emergencies (red eyes, foreign bodies, sudden loss of vision, etc.) and are available Monday through Friday 9AM - 3PM until further notice for any questions or concerns you may have. Please avoid going to urgent care for your eyes. Optometrists are trying to take the burden off of first responders. They are available for phone consultations if you are homebound.
- Will be open Monday through Saturday, 9AM - 4PM, starting Friday, May 15. Please honor social distancing and wear masks for your own safety. Still available to take orders by phone at 641-236-7890.
Los Girasoles Mexican Restaurant
- Open for dine-in starting Friday, May 15th at 50% capacity. Still open for carry out and delivery - call 641-236-4318. Click HERE for menu options.
- Monday - Saturday 11AM - 10PM, Sunday 11AM - 10PM
Massage by Kelsey
- Will be opening Monday, May 18th.
- I will be scheduling more time between clients so that I can sanitize and disinfect properly to the CDC’s recommendations. I ask that if you come early to please wait in your vehicle until five minutes prior to your appointment so that I don’t have an overlap between clients.
- Hand sanitizer is available for your use also please note that it does not replace handwashing. Facilities will be available to wash your hands before and after your appointment.
- I will not have a cancellation policy during this time. If you or someone in your household is sick please stay home, we can reschedule your appointment for a later date.￼￼ If you are uncomfortable please stay home.
Peace Tree Brewing
- Will open taproom on Wednesday, June 3 with the following safety implementations:
- All Peace Tree staff will be required to wear protective masks.
- Tables will be spaced at least 6 feet apart and only 6 guests or less will be allowed at each table.
- Please wait to be seated at the front door. Beer orders will be taken at table. No seating or congregating at the bar.
- Frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing will be done by staff. Hand sanitizer will be available for customers. Tables, chairs, and high touch items will be sanitized between guests.
- Carry our and curbside pick up will still be available. Order online and pickup during open hours.
Peppertree at Depot Crossing
- Open on Monday, May 18th with full menu and curbside take out. You will see increased cleaning standards, tables that are spaced-out or not in use, employees wearing masks, and social distancing being maintained.
- New Hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 5PM - 8PM
- Friday & Saturday: 5PM - 9PM
Phase 2 Consignments
- Will open the week of May 11. Store hours TBA.
- Will be open for dine-in services beginning at 5PM Friday, May 15th. Per state guidelines, we will be seating patrons at 50% capacity, we will not be serving groups larger than six people, and all groups must keep six feet of distance between them. For these reasons, we strongly recommend making reservations online or by calling ahead.
- Will continue to offer Takeout. Click HERE for menu options.
- New Hours:
- Tuesday - Thursday Lunch: 11AM - 2:30PM
- Tuesday - Thursday Dinner: 5PM - 8:30PM
- Friday - Saturday Lunch: 11AM - 2:30PM
- Friday - Saturday Dinner: 5PM - 9PM
- Closed Sunday
Saints Rest Coffee House
- Broad Street location is open Friday, May 15 from 8AM - Noon. Lucky Cat Drive Thru on 146 & 5th Ave is still open.
Smith Family Chiropractic
- Will be resuming normal clinic hours on Monday, May 18th. Please call (641) 236-5743 with questions or to schedule an appointment.
Stepping Stones Christian Bookstore
- Will be open Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday in Grinnell, starting May 19th. Will still take special orders via phone, email or messaging with curbside pickup by appointment or ship directly to your home, please call 641-990-1381 for more details.
Studio 802 Hair Design
- Open for appointments only.
- Our sanitation guidelines will not allow us to double book or overbook. And we will be sanitizing between each client for all of our safety. A few things we ask of you
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to your appt and stay in your car until we call you in for your appt. There will not be anywhere to wait inside the salon.
- We will ask that you hand sanitizer upon entering the salon.
- We ask that you do not touch the retail, we will be happy to get whatever you need or help you choose a product to best suit your needs.
- Under these circumstances, we are asking that you bring cash or check to reduce germs on our devices and save time sanitizing those and to keep our credit card fees down.
- Only one person per stylist will be allowed in the salon. Please come to your appt alone. Children may have one parent present if needed. Please plan accordingly if you need to get a sitter for your appt time.
- We will not be accepting walk-ins. Please call ahead for an appt time. 641-236-5328 Please leave a message as we may be busy and unable to answer.
- Will be open Saturday from 10AM - 3PM. Shipping, curbside pick up & in town delivery still available. If you see something (or want to see something) on Facebook, you can purchase via phone. Gift cards can be ordered over the phone and mailed as well.
- Total Rehab has been providing care to clients throughout this process. Keeping our clients and staff safe are and always have been at the core of what we do. Few of the steps we have taken include: additional spacing in our waiting room, spacing in our gyms, face masks for our providers and clients as needed, constant disinfecting of surfaces, use of Telehealth services to care for our clients remotely
- How do you get started? Let us know you are interested and we will help you set up an appointment with your therapist! All you will need is a mobile device/tablet or a computer, with a camera and sound. For more information on what telehealth looks like, click HERE.
- To reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 consistent with guidance issued by the Iowa Department of Public Health, Iowa Code 157.1
- We can reopen but only to the extent that it complies with the following requirements:
- 1. Capacity limited: Our salon will limit the number of customers in the shop.
- 2. Appointment only: No gathering in waiting area.
- 3. Social distancing between employees and customers, increased hygiene practices and other public health measures.
- *** If you are sick or ill please stay home, for the safety of other customers and our employees we have the right not to provide you services.
- Please do:
- 1. Please stay in the car until we call/text you in.
- 2. Please wear face mask during your visit.
- 3. Please wash your hand as soon as entering the salon.
- 4. Please help us keep our credit card fees down by paying with cash. All the nail suppliers are increasing their prices, our services charge WILL BE THE SAME and so we are trying to lower the fee of the credit card machine if we can (They have really high rates). Please help us during this struggling time to keep our business going.
- Open to in store shoppers. Still available to take orders over the phone and deliver right to your door. Call 641-236-0049 to order.
Wagon Wheels West
West Side Family Restaurant
- Open for dine-in services starting Friday, May 15th with regular hours and regular menu. Carry out orders still available. To place an order, call 641-236-5939
Witte's Home Decorating
- Will reopen Monday, May 11th.
Click HERE to see a pdf of restaurants offering carry out or delivery.
Click HERE to see a pdf of retailers offering online, delivery and more.
- B3 now has a few extra laptops that folks can rent cheap for only $10/day to help them through these trying times. They will help them set it up for remote access, if needed.
- Open limited evening hours, Sunday through Saturday 3:30PM - 8PM. Call 641-236-5069 to place an order. Click HERE for menu options.
- Will be closed for the foreseeable future.
- Will be closed for the foreseeable future.
- Offers call ahead and pick up at the window. Click HERE for menu options.
- New store hours, until further notice: 8AM - 7PM Monday through Saturday.
- 8AM - 9AM: Open to those 65 and over, expecting mothers, those with a serious chronic medical condition, and those with an underlying medical condition that increases susceptibility to serious illness.
- 9AM - 7PM: Open to the general public. We ask that all customers please respect the time reserved for those that are at higher risk.
The Glass Gift Box
- Is closed until further notice to comply with UnityPoint Health - Grinnell Regional Medical Center visitor restrictions to protect patients, family and staff.
Hawkeye Lock & Security
- The store will not be open to the public unless you make an appointment. If you need a key duplicated or a piece of hardware, give me a call and they will do our best to figure out a way to serve you. They will continue to offer emergency service for as long as they feel that we can do so without endangering ourselves or others. They are carrying disinfecting materials in the service truck to try to mitigate any transfer. Credit or debit cards will be preferred form of payment as they can accept those with no contact. They also have the capability of taking Apple and Google pay.
- Will by conducting walk-in business by appointment only. Phone, fax, and email orders are preferred and accepted. All materials will still be available for pickup orders. Procedures minimizing human-to-human contact will be used on all pickup orders. Delivered orders will be set in the driveway or curbside only. Employees will not be allowed to enter any homes or businesses. Phone orders: 641-236-8645, Fax orders: 641-236-0219, email orders: email@example.com. Open Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM.
- Will be open 6am - 7am for senior shoppers. Will still serve hot deli options for pick up/carry out and cold case options of sandwiches, salads, and entrees for carry out.
- Only open through drive thru and now offering FREE delivery within Grinnell city limits to businesses or to places of employment along with private residents (must at home). Over the counter items can be added to orders if a credit card is on file or previous arrangements have been made. No charge and no monthly fees. Please call 641-484-6198 to set up delivery.
- Continuing to take orders and make deliveries. Visit www.mindys-Meals.com for more details and to order.
Montgomery's Sandwich Shop
- Will be closed until further notice.
- Carry out service and curbside service still available. Frozen pizza available for purchase. Please give 24 hours notice for custom topped frozen pizzas.
- Closed to the public for the immediate future. Will monitor email and phone message.
- Will offer delivery of meals to the Grinnell area. Visit www.RelishGrinnell.com to make preorder on the contact page.
- Will be closed for the safety and health of volunteers, staff, donors, and customers.
Solera Wine Bar
- Will be offering take & bake pizzas and a selection of wine and 4 & 6 pack beers to go Wednesday through Saturday 4:30PM - 7:30PM. Check Facebook page for menu options. Call 641-990-5565 for special orders or questions.
Tassel Ridge Winery
- All events at Tassel Ridge Winery have been cancelled. The Winery will remain open, but we will be limiting our sales to to-go bottles or cases until further notice. We will not offer wine tasting, wine-by-the glass, or food, other than pre-packed items like jelly, dipping oils, sauces, and cheeses for off-premise consumption. Hours will be Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.; Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 12:00-6:00 p.m.
- As always, you can shop from home if you live in Iowa, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Minnesota, Missouri, or Texas. We are offering 50% off shipping on orders of six or more bottles of wine through April 30, 2020. Call 641-672-WINE (9463) to place orders.
Uhlmann's Home Furnishing
We are temporarily closed due to Governor Reynolds mandate. We will reopen as soon as possible. If you have questions, please call 641-236-6531 and leave a message, and we will return your call. We are sorry for your inconvenience.
Ultimate Sports & Graphics
- Will be closed until May 15th by order of Gov. Reynold's office.
Village Decorating Studio
- Will be closed to walk ins until May 15th by order of Gov. Reynold's office. Available by phone at 641-236-7890.
- Starting March 15, Walmart stores and Neighborhood Markets will be open 7AM - 8:30PM until further notice. This will help ensure associates can clean and stock products. Stores operating under more reduced hours will keep current hours of operation. More info: https://bit.ly/3aSUBnl
- Office remains open and will continue to conduct meetings, document drop offs, and return signing in-person for those who wish to do so. Will be practicing “social distancing” and will be implementing additional sanitation protocol in order to ensure the health and wellness of both customers and team members.
- For those who wish to forego in-person meetings, particular those that are deemed to be “high risk” according to the CDC, the following options are available: Use of Locked Mailbox/Standard Mail: Drop off any Tax Related Documents in a sealed envelope in the mailbox outside of our office or mail in via standard mail. Additionally, we will mail any tax returns directly to you at your request via standard mail. Use of Website Portal: Submit any Tax Related documents via our website portal. Additionally, we can send you your returns electronically via the portal at your request. Virtual Meetings: Schedule (or reschedule) meetings to be conducted virtually via the Zoom application. Curbside DropOff/PickUp: Schedule a Drop-Off or Pick-Up time with our team members and we will meet you at your vehicle.
Beau*ty Hair & Nail Studio
- Will be closed until May 15th by order of Gov. Reynold's office.
- are suspended for the time being.
Capstone Behavioral Health
- Capstone Behavioral Healthcare will be closed due to the Covid-19 virus beginning tomorrow for in person appointments for the rest of this week. Connections Drop in Center in Newton, and Clubhouse in Grinnell will be closed this week. We will evaluate the situation at the end of the week and make a decision about the following week. We will have therapists working that will be using tele-health to see patients that are able to utilize this service. We will also be able to communicate with patients on the phone. If you have medications that need refilled, nurses and providers will be in the office to accommodate these requests. If you have an appointment scheduled, you will get a phone call from staff to discuss all of these options. We want to provide the best possible care to our patients during this time. Phones will be answered during normal business hours and if you have a mental health crisis after hours, you may call 1-844-258-8858.
- In order to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and the recommendation of social distancing, our office is closed to the public until further notice. Our staff continue to work and are available via phone, email and fax to accept applications, answer questions or offer referrals for other community resources.
Claude W. & Dolly Ahrens Foundation/Ahrens Park Foundation
- In order to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and support community efforts to promote social distancing and self-isolation, the administrative offices of the Claude W. and Dolly Ahrens Foundation and Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation have closed to the public through April 10th (same period as the Grinnell school district closure). All scheduled meetings located at our offices during this time have been cancelled. Our staff will continue to work but will be working remotely from home through April 10th. We are committed to our foundations’ ongoing operations and supporting our partner organizations’ programming and administrative needs.
Crisis Intervention Services
- Continuing to maintain critically needed programs for clients including advocacy, shelter housing, sexual assault advocates, counseling and more. For more information, call 1-800-270-1620 or visit www.stopdvsa.org
- Secure donations can be made on their website or mail gift cards to: Crisis Intervention Services PO Box 6 Oskaloosa, IA 52577. Most in demand gift cards include Hy-Vee, Faraway, other grocery stores, VISA/MasterCard, Wal-Mart, Amazon and Casey's.
- Will temporarily close tomorrow, Wednesday March 18th for two weeks. As the situation evolves, we will be deciding week-to week when we will reopen for regular business. We will make every effort to accommodate a true dental emergency that requires treatment to alleviate severe pain. Please call the office at 641-236-6174 if you are unsure as we plan to have our phone staffed during this period.
Drake Community Library
The Library has moved into the next phase of its service response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) conditions for the community. As of March 30th curbside pick-up of physical materials is no longer being offered. Online resources will continue to be offered (click HERE for the library website, then proceed to the "Resources" tab). Reference services to support community response efforts and the use of the Library’s online resources will be accessible by calling 641-236-2661 during the hours of 10am-5pm, Monday-Friday. For complete information on the library response to the COVID-19 situation, see this page.
Edge Hair Studio
- Will be closed until May 15th by order of Gov. Reynold's office.
Edward Jones Financial Services - Mark Kolpin, Paul Kolpin, Hannah Wilson
- Closed to the public but are still available via phone of WebEx calls for clients and interested customers. Contact 641.236.6139 for schedule an appointment. Office hours are 8:30AM to 4:30PM.
- Family Dentistry will suspend routine and preventive dental care for a minimum of 3 weeks for the protection and safety of our patients, staff, and doctors. During this time, we will still be managing dental emergencies in an attempt to alleviate the burden on the hospital’s emergency department. If you have a dental emergency, please call (641)-236-6169. If you have a regularly scheduled appointment during our temporary closure, someone from our staff will contact you about re-scheduling your appointment.
Grinnell American Legion
- The Grinnell American Legion will not be hosting it's Monthly Member Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th at The Eagles.
- At this time, the Grinnell American Legion & VFW would like to assist any Legion & VFW Members (or Veterans in general) in need of Supplies or Groceries. A Member will coordinate with local stores and deliver if necessary any needed items.
- If you know of a Veteran in need of assistance, or would like assistance with a Grocery/Supply Run yourself, please Message us on this page or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grinnell Area Arts Council
- Will be closed the week of March 16 - 20. They are working to find ways to share and support art in our community in virtual ways. Stay tuned to their Facebook page for details.
Grinnell Christian Church
- Beginning on Sunday, March 22, we will livestream our Sunday service. You can find a link to this stream on our website at www.grinnell.cc. Following the IDPH guidelines, we are also suspending all other gatherings, including Wednesday night activities, until further notice. Our office hours remain the same, 8:30 - 4:30 Monday - Thursday (closed 12-1), and Friday from 8:30 - noon.
Grinnell College Golf Course
- Will be temporary closed starting at the end of the day today Friday March 13th and will remain closed until further notice. The Pro Shop, Pool, Golf Course, and Event Space will all be closed to everyone, with no exceptions. There will be no access to any part of the club house, pool, or the green space – no golfing, no fishing, no walking/running. Season passes already sold for the 2020 season will be prorated according to the percentage of the season the course is operational. If you have golf clubs, a golf cart, or other personal belongings stored at the golf course and you want to pick them up, please do so today or this weekend. After you pick up your personal property you will not be able to return it to the course until the course is reopened. So, if you pick up your golf cart you cannot bring it back to the cart barn until the course is reopened. If you have golf clubs, a golf cart or other personal property stored at the golf course and you want to leave it there, that is okay. But after this weekend you will not be able to retrieve items until the course reopens.The golf course will continue to be maintained and we hope to be able to reopen later in the season.
Grinnell College Museum of Art & Bucksbaum Center for the Arts
- Will be closed to the public through May 15th.
Grinnell Eagles Lodge
- Will be closed until further notice.
Grinnell Eye Care
- Following CDC recommendations and will be postponing and rescheduling all non-essential eye care appointments. If you have an appointment in the next three weeks please call to reschedule. They will continue to be able for urgent medical eye careened our office will be available to take your calls, answer questions, place an order for contact lenses and schedule appointments. If you have glasses or contacts that are ready to be picked up, they are able to mail or meet you outside the door of the office. They accept credit card payments over the phone if needed. Please visit their website for more information and further updates.
- Office is closed to visitors but our team is still working. You can set up appointments by calling 641-236-7557.
Grinnell State Bank
- Drive-up services are still available but lobbies are open by appointment only. For more information, click HERE.
Grinnell Water Plant
- Will be closed to the public as of 4PM on March 18. Only water department staff will have access to the building.
Hope Family Counseling
- Hope Family Counseling will be closed for in person appointments until further notice. We will continue to care for our current clients as well as continue to accept new clients using telehealth only. Clients can schedule directly through our online system at https://hopefamilycounseling.clientsecure.me
Integrity Cleaning & Restoration
- Integrity Cleaning & Restoration is offering free corona sanitation to their carpet cleaning process at this time and also offering a product that can be used in homes and businesses to kill the corona virus. They are also offering is complete home disinfecting for the corona virus. Customers can call the office 641-791-2302, email email@example.com, send a message on Facebook page - Integrity Cleaning & Restoration, or stop by the office at 402 1st Ave E, Newton.
Iowa Valley Grinnell
- Face to face classes will be canceled until Monday, March 23. At this time, nearly all classes will be moved to a virtual, technology -assisted platform. A limited group of identified lab courses that do not lend themselves to virtual learning will be suspended for four weeks until Monday, April 13, or until it is recommended that group gatherings are able to resume per state and federal guidance. Previously online courses or courses that have been taught online all semester will resume on Wednesday, March 15. Students should contact their instructors with questions.
- All Iowa Valley Continuing Education classes are cancelled until Monday, April 13. Watch for additional guidance on court-mandated classes, as Iowa community colleges are waiting for guidance from the State of Iowa.The campuses will remain open for services, but students are encouraged to use email or phone contact when possible. No minor children (unless they are a registered MCC or ECC student) will be allowed on the campuses in order to support social distancing efforts. Campus computer lab hours and access will remain the same at all locations. All events at all locations are canceled until April 13, 2020.
- Iowa Valley Grinnell gunsmith technology repair shop located at Iowa Valley Grinnell, 123 6th Ave. West will be temporarily closed due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) virus pandemic.
- Will be closed until May 15th by order of Gov. Reynold's office.
Lincoln Savings Bank
- Drive-up, ATM, and drop box services will remain open. Lobby will be closed until further notice. For more information, click HERE.
Marlene Johnson - Farm Bureau Financial Services
- We have decided to make some adjustments at our office. Effective 03/20/2020 we will be available to take care of your insurance needs via phone at 641-236-0076 and email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Our office will be closed to visitors to protect the safety and well-being of our team and community. If you want to drop off a payment, we have a drop box or give us a call and we will meet you at your car to accept it.
- is restricting visitations of all visitors and non-essential health care personnel. They are also canceling or limited all events including: forum, walking group, Tuesday Chapel, Kiwanis Club, A Matter of Balance, Bucket Course, Senior Strength, Men's Coffee group, Spring Tea, Lyceum, Coffee & Conversation, Sunday Morning Chapel (restricted to residents only), St. Patrick's Day Dinner, Club 90 Celebration, and Carman Center Memorial Services. They are also limiting visitors to the Health Center and to Beebe Assisted Living building. Visitors must be cleared by contacting Jacki Hicklin at 641-236-6151 x233. Non-hosted visitors to the rest of the campus must be screened at the Pearson building at 616 Broad Street.
MICA Head Start & Early Head Start
- is closed March 17 - March 20.
Oakland Acres Golf Course
- Open weather dependent with tee times starting at 9AM. Club house is closed but offering food and beverages to go. For more information, call 712-830-7331.
- With the Covid-19 pandemic and concerns about cross contamination in public transit vehicles Peoplerides will only be doing essential medical trips. We are unsure when we will return to normal operations. Please leave a message if you have an urgent (non-911) medical trip and we will get back to you within the day. Call 641-752-6202 or toll free 1-888-616-4298.
Poweshiek Animal League Shelter (PALS)
- Will be closed to the public/visitors and is suspending all outreach and community programs effective Friday, March 20 for the foreseeable future due to the COVID-19 pandemic. PALS will continue to process adopts for animals currently in their care. All potential adopters are required to first complete the online adoption application. Updates will be posted on their website and Facebook page.
- During this time, PALS will not accept any surrendered animals. In the event you find a lost pet, file a found report online, through local law enforcement or directly thought us. Reach out on social media with photos of missing/found animals to help reunite owners and their pets. PALS will not be accepting fabric donations at this time. All other donations will continue to be accepted and can be donated ONLY BY contacting staff to schedule an appointment. You can also direct ship donations to the shelter by ordering from their Amazon Smile Wish List.
- If you are wishing to help, consider ordering extra bags of pet food, hand sanitizer, or paper towels for PALS. You can also donate gift cards. Consider adopting: not is a great time to help us get amazing pets in our care out of the shelter!
Parks & Recreation Department
In order to help prevent community spread of COVID-19 in Grinnell and support the efforts of the community to promote social distancing the Grinnell Recreation Department will be doing the following:
- City of Grinnell playgrounds and the skate park will be closed through April 30th. For more details, click HERE.
- All Recreation Department programming will be postponed until at least the week of April 13th. We will closely monitor the information routinely during this time to further evaluate if recreation department programs can be held after April 13th.
- The Grinnell Athletic and Recreation Center will close to the public until further notice starting at 5:00pm Monday, March 16th.
- Recreation Department office hours will still be held at the GARC Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm. We encourage the public if they do not need to register for a program or rent a facility in person to use our online registration website www.grinnellrec.activityreg.com. Any questions or concerns can be directed to the Recreation Department at 641-236-2620.
Prairie Lakes Church
- In compliance with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), we are cancelling all on-site activities, including weekend services, at Prairie Lakes Church with an attendance of 10+ until further notice. All services on the weekends will be online at prairielakeschurch.org. Our Staff offices will remain open M-F from 8:30am-4pm at this time.
Poweshiek Sheriff's Office
- Requesting that the public postpone all personal, non-essential visits to their office: civil papers requiring service, please call their office to find out how to send your paperwork electronically, inmate visitation is canceled (only attorney professionals visits allowed), all public fingerprinting is canceled, all citizen ride a longs are cancelled, all public facilities tours are canceled, All inmates brought into the jail will be asked a series of questions to determine the risk of exposure to COVID19.
- Modified patrol responses to lower level priority calls may be initiated meaning deputies may handle the call with the reporting party over the phone in lieu of face to face contact. As a result, it is imperative that reporting parties provide the dispatcher with a good call back number. If you have questions regarding COVID19, call 211 and the Iowa Dept of Health will answer questions. Please call the Sheriff's Office - 641-623-5679 - before visiting to see if you can conduct your business electronically or over the phone.
Public Service Department Office
- Grinnell Public Service Department office will be closed to the public for 30 days, effective March 16th. This decision was made out of an abundance of caution to ensure the health and safety of Public Service Department employees. Please call their office (641-23602632_ with any concerns. This closer does not effect the recycling drop off center.
Beginning today, Wednesday, March 25th our office building will be closed and OUR STAFF WILL BE WORKING FROM HOME with the goal of re-opening Monday, April 23rd. You can still drop off payments and paperwork through our drop slot. We will be picking those up and processing everything each day. If you call our office number 641-236-3141 you will have access to our employee directory and all direct extensions will ring to that employee's cell phone. Please make sure to leave a message if they do not answer or they will not know who called. You can also see a full list of extensions and e-mails by visiting our website https://www.ramseyweeks.com/coronvirus-covid-19 We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you understand our need to keep our staff and valued customers like you safe and healthy during this time.
RE/MAX Partners Realty
- LISTINGS: Listings will be placed with 360º tours whenever possible. Agents will continue to share new properties and encourage their clients to review the listings in depth before visiting a property.
- SHOWINGS: All showings must occur virtually before a physical showing takes place. In addition to availability of 360º tours, agents are trained to assist with sharing properties live through various digital platforms such as FaceTime and Zoom. Physical showings will occur only if all parties comply with the CDC guidelines to protect themselves and others as outlined on CDC.gov. At this time, it is suggested that no more than two visitors are present at one time. Sellers will also be required to adhere to the CDC guidelines and ensure cleanliness of the property; they will reserve the right to not allow a showing based on their discretion and comfort level. If anyone associated in the showing has been in contact with COVID-19 or shows any symptoms, the showing will be postponed until all requirements can be met.
- CONTRACTS: All contracts will be written and signed electronically unless otherwise authorized. As new COVID-19 cases arise, disclosures covering COVID-19 for both buyers and sellers may be implemented.
- OFFICE HOURS: Both offices –– in Grinnell and Marshalltown –– will be closed to visitors and will only open for mandatory face-to-face meetings. Visitors must follow CDC guidelines to protect themselves and others as outlined on CDC.gov and RE/MAX Partners Realty will continue to practice a high level of cleanliness and hygiene within its office spaces.
- SATUCI will be closing their satellite offices at 5:00pm today, Wednesday, March 18, 2020 until further notice. The Marshalltown office will remain open. Any questions, please contact (641) 752-5421.
SCISWA - South Central Iowa Solid Waste Agency
- is unable to provide HHM disposal services due to handling restrictions. We apologize for the inconvenience to our residents and recommend safe storage fluorescent bulbs, rechargeable batteries, spray paint, oil paint, or household chemicals by placing them upright in a plastic lined box until further notice. For more information, click HERE.
- They are only accepting check or credit card payments until further notice. For more information, click HERE.
St. Francis Manor, Seeland Park, & Hammond Center
- Will no longer be allowing non-essential visitors on site. They will push out a notification when restrictions are lifted. Video chat and Facebook Portal are options to visit with loved ones. Please call 236-8700 for more information.
St. Mary Knight of Columbus
- Has suspended the remaining of the Friday night fish fries.
- Temporary closed beginning March 17th through Tuesday, May 15th. If you purchased tickets through our box office or website, please call your local theatre. If you purchased tickets through Fandango or Atom, they will be proactively issuing refunds.
Studio 802 Hair Design
- Will be closed until May 15th by order of Gov. Reynold's office.
- Effective Monday, March 23rd, Temp Associates will not be open to the general public. They will be open for phone interviews and to answer questions. If you do need to enter the building for any reason, please call 641-236-9220 prior to arriving to receive further instructions. As always, you can call the office and check-in for the week via phone. Someone will be available Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM.
UnityPoint Health - Grinnell Regional Medical Center
- Effective at 8 a.m. Wednesday, March 25, all visitors at the hospital and clinics will be suspended until the transmission of COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our patients, staff and community. The decision to restrict visitors was difficult and made only after careful consideration to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We recognize that there are times when having a visitor or family member present is crucial. In these cases, visitors will be allowed based on the exceptions listed below. Exceptions include:
- Obstetric patients may have one support person accompany them.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life (imminently dying) may have one visitor.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, development delays or an altered mental status, where a caregiver is key to their care and safety, may have one visitor.
- Minors under the age of 18 may have one visitor, a parent or guardian.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one visitor to act as the driver for the patient. This driving visitor will leave the premises as soon as possible.
- Please note in all cases a visitor will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath). Additionally, children under the age of 16 will not be allowed except under extraordinary circumstances; siblings are not allowed. Individuals at high risk for severe disease (e.g., underlying cardiopulmonary disease, poorly controlled diabetes) should not visit. Visitors allowed must stay in the patient room the entire time of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the hospital.
Wells Fargo Grinnell Branch
- Opened adjusted hours; 9AM - 4PM Monday - Friday.
Yoga in the Gallery
- Will not be held through May 15th.
The following website are offering resources and information for learning options for your children.
Drake Community Library Resources:
Many great options are listed on this Facebook Post
- Cincinnati Zoo will be doing a Facebook Live each weekday at 3pm EST to learn about animals and include an activity you can do from home
- Census 2020 is here! Use these educational tools to teach your kids why it's important to participate
- Grinnell Area Arts Council Crafts and Activities Blog has lots of great projects for your kids!
- Broadway plays and musical are online. Click HERE!
- Visit museums online! Click HERE.
- Watch pre-recorded Met Opera performances HERE.
ISU Extension & Outreach
- Until further notice, MICA Family Development Center in Grinnell is closed to the public. They will still be providing services (energy assistance, referrals, and crisis assistance) by phone.
- MICA will only be open to accept donations on Thursdays for the foreseeable future.
- They will also be providing curbside food assistance out of the Grinnell office. Please call ahead.
- Please call 641-236-3923
- Mediacom has extended service speeds in low-cost packages and paused monthly data allowances across all broadband service tiers through May 15, the company announced this afternoon. The Mediacom Connect2Compete package has increased speed to 25 megabits per second (Mbps) for download and 3 Mbps upload (previously 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload); discounted pricing of the Access Internet 60 to new customers for the next 12 months; and is providing complementary access to Mediacom Xtream Wi-Fi hotspots for 60 days. The company also signed the 60-day Keep Americans Connected Pledge issued by Federal Communications Chairman Ajit Pai, pledging not to disconnect service or assess late fees to any customer who calls and informs the company that they cannot pay their bills during this period.
Mental Health Help
- Warm Line 844-775-WARM (9276) 2PM - 10PM daily: Warm Line is a peer-run, telephone based, non-crisis, confidential listening line for anyone struggling with mental health or substance use issues. The Line is staffed by people who have been through a similar journey and are in recovery themselves.
Online AA Meetings
Public Health & Government
- Gov. Kim Reynolds announced new assistance released by Iowa Workforce Development for employees and employers affected by related layoffs, including guidance for employees filing for unemployment insurance claims. Individuals laid off due to COVID-19 can receive unemployment benefits if they meet all other eligibility requests. Claims filed and identified as a result of COVID-19 will not be charged to employers, and fact-finding interviews for these claims will be waived and not held, although employers will be notified of claims received. A full explanation of benefit eligibility is available online.
- Click HERE for movie related boredom busters.