We're working with our community organizations and businesses to provide updates on hours, closures, and other information relevant to the public as we navigate the COVID-19 situation. Many of our local businesses are working hard to maintain clean and safe environments for customers and clients through this time. We encourage you to continue to support local businesses as you are able. This page will be updated daily. If you've like to submit information on your business or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
The Iowa Department of Public Health is coordinating the COVID-19 vaccine distribution effort in Iowa. Click HERE to visit the state's vaccine dashboard.
For current COVID-19 information from the State of Iowa, click HERE.
Local Vaccine Information
Poweshiek County Public Health is managing COVID-19 reporting and vaccination and is regularly accepting appointments for COVID-19 vaccine for all individuals age 18 and older for the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Appointments can be made by calling 641-236-2385, Option 2. Click HERE to learn more.
Click on the link below to jump to the topic.
Mask Up Grinnell is a local initiative encouraging the wearing of masks. To learn more about the program and current events, click HERE.
Drake Community Library COVID19 Community Resource Guide
UnityPoint Health - Grinnell Regional Medical Center
- Effective May 27, 2021 all visitors at GRMC's hospital and clinics will now allow two visitors per patient. Masks are still required in all UnityPoint Health facilities where patient care is provided, including hospitals and clinics. Click HERE to learn more.
- Click HERE for more information from Poweshiek County Public Health.
- Click HERE for more information and guidance on the COVID-19 Vaccine distribution.
- Click HERE to make a donation to the Compassion Fund to help aid our employees on the front lines of the COVID challenge.
- Click HERE to see a list of updates from the Poweshiek County Supervisors.
- Click HERE to see an update from the Poweshiek County Emergency Management Agency
City of Grinnell
Grinnell City halls has reopened to the public. Administrative hours are 7:30AM - 4:30PM Monday through Friday. Administrative office includes the offices of the city manager, city clerk, and building & planning director along with utility billing and accounting functions. Visit their website for more information.
Drake Community Library
The building is currently open summer hours: Monday - Wednesday 10AM - 6PM, Thursdays 10AM - 8PM, Fridays 10AM - 6PM, and Saturdays 10AM - 5PM. Visit their website or call 641-236-2661 for more information.
Poweshiek Sheriff's Office
- The Poweshiek County Public Safety Building has reopened to the public. Please call the Sheriff's Office - 641-623-5679 or visit their website for more information.
Individuals seeking assistance as a result of the COVID19 pandemic may find assistance at any of the below organizations:
Grinnell Area Mental Health Consortium - JPK Fund
- Created in 2018, the purpose of this fund is to serve those in the Poweshiek County area with mental health needs who are financially otherwise unable to afford services or medications. Click HERE to learn more.
Grinnell Food Coalition
- Grinnell Food Coalition is distributing grocery vouchers to help residents during this period. More information about this program, how to sign up and other resources can be found HERE. Individuals and families can request grocery vouchers through the form on the website or they may email me at email@example.com or call the office at 641-236-5518, ext. 109.
ISU Extension & Outreach
- Until further notice, MICA Family Development Center in Grinnell is open by appointment only. They will still be providing services (energy assistance, referrals, and crisis assistance) by phone. To schedule an appointment or drop off donations, please call 641-236-3923.
Mental Health Help
- Warm Line 844-775-WARM (9276) 2PM - 10PM daily: Warm Line is a peer-run, telephone based, non-crisis, confidential listening line for anyone struggling with mental health or substance use issues. The Line is staffed by people who have been through a similar journey and are in recovery themselves.
Online AA Meetings
Poweshiek Housing Assistance Fund
- The Poweshiek Housing Assistance Fund was formed in over growing concerns of homelessness in Poweshiek County. This program can help Grinnellians with assistance in rental deposits or back rent, utilities, and more. Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to see a list of restaurants offering dine in, carry out or delivery.
Click HERE to see a list of retailers offering online shopping, delivery and more.
- are suspended for the forseeable future
Claude W. & Dolly Ahrens Foundation/Ahrens Park Foundation
- In order to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and support community efforts to promote social distancing and self-isolation, the administrative offices of the Claude W. and Dolly Ahrens Foundation and Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation have closed to the public through April 10th (same period as the Grinnell school district closure). All scheduled meetings located at our offices during this time have been cancelled. Our staff will continue to work but will be working remotely from home through April 10th. We are committed to our foundations’ ongoing operations and supporting our partner organizations’ programming and administrative needs.
- Peoplerides offices remain closed to the general public. If you have transit or planning needs, please call or email our staff and we will be happy to assist you! If you have something to drop off, visitors can knock at the back/employee entrance of the building and someone will help you. Employees are in our building Monday-Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Call 641-752-6202 or toll free 1-888-616-4298.