The Grinnell Recreation Department Aquatic Center Lifeguard Manager is in direct charge of all daily activities at the facility they are assigned for that day. The Manager strives to maintain a pleasant, safe, sanitary environment while directing and supporting the aquatic staff and providing a positive swimming experience for the public. The Aquatic Center Manager also assists the Recreation Department in planning extra-curricular activities such as swim meets, rentals and other special uses.
· Current Lifeguard Certification (including First Aid/CPR-PR/ AED)
· College graduates highly desirable
· Minimum of two years of active lifeguarding
· Have thorough knowledge of lifeguarding techniques, personnel scheduling and water safety procedures.
· Ability to independently enforce all City of Grinnell Recreation Department policies and procedures.
· Ability to take charge of emergency situations and deal with patrons and staff appropriately.
· Be able to handle patrons in a courteous, helpful and friendly manner at all times
· Possess strong leadership qualities (respected, reliable, responsible, organized, enthusiastic, professional).