A Grinnell Recreation Department Aquatic Center Lifeguard supervises all daily activities at the facility they are assigned for that day. The Lifeguard strives to maintain a pleasant, safe and sanitary environment while providing a positive swimming experience for the public. The Lifeguard assists fellow staff members in the operation of extra-curricular activities such as swim meets, rentals and other special uses.
· Current Lifeguard Certification (Including First Aid/CPR-PR/AED).
· Be at least 15 years of age.
· Ability to enforce all City of Grinnell Recreation Department policies and procedures.
· Physically and mentally able to react to all emergency situations.
· Have knowledge of water safety practices and usage of water safety equipment.
· Possess trustworthy qualities (respected, reliable, responsible, organized, enthusiastic, professional).