Through limited direction, will perform a variety of technical procedures utilizing ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Will require independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. Will assume responsibility of assigned areas and projects. Call, weekends, holidays, and back-up call are also routinely required.
- Reviews all diagnostic requests, protocol sheets, and lab results (when relevant).
- Provides radiation protection, safety, and comfort to patients.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a friendly demeanor.
- Attends continuing education programs and keeps abreast of new equipment and updates.
- Maintains all state and federal continuing education requirements.
- Able to perform all radiologic procedures following established protocols and guidelines.
- Informs the clinical supervisor when supplies need to be ordered for day-to-day operations.
- Maintains adequate records as directed in assigned areas.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions or quality control problems immediately to the technical supervisor or department director.
- Provides support and a friendly environment to radiology students.
- RIS/PACS knowledge.
- Knowledge of proper image transmission and sequence of PACs.
- Treats fellow employees with respect and provides a supportive environment for fellow technologists.
- Effectively communicates with radiologists and staff physicians.
- Effectively communicates and provides support when needed to clerical and other non-clinical radiology department staff.
Satisfactory completion of formal radiologic technology training in an AMA approved school.
Must be ARRT registered or registry eligible with a current State of Iowa permit to practice.
Must demonstrate competency in computed tomography, registry preferred.
Mammography registry preferred or as needed.