Grinnell Dining is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, is environmentally conscious, and uses responsible financial practices.
The Associate Director is a key part of an award winning and cutting-edge self-operating team. Dining is committed to exceeding our student and guest dining expectations by offering a diverse menu of offerings of high quality in state-of-the art facilities. The Associate Director provides leadership to ensure the delivery of high-quality customer service and unit presentation within our fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will provide input, guidance and oversight in the day-to-day operations.
- Effectively support and enforce departmental and College mission, values, goals and policies
- Provide leadership, clear expectations, schedules, staff development, and performance accountability for supervisors, custodians, students, and part-time staff of the department
- Effectively manage operational standards of Grinnell Dining operations
- Oversee student employment practices, documentation and student union agreement adherence
- Manage the maintenance and repair of our facilities assuring all are kept current, in excellent condition and repairs are reported and completed in timely manner
- Develops positive interactions with Grinnell College students, staff and faculty to provide excellent customer service, experiences and relationships
- Assists in resolving challenges with guests, faculty or staff of Dining
- Provides insight and effectively oversees special events
- Provides input during renovations and new building projects
- Promotes sustainable efforts
- Assists in maintaining the highest level of safety and sanitation standards within our operations
- Assist with development of long-range planning and effectively execute these plans
- Assist in developing the departmental budget and goals of the operations and effectively execute these goals.
Selected candidate will need to successfully pass a background check prior to first day of employment.