Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present and sell network and telecommunication solutions to customers, generating new sales revenue and meeting or exceeding sales goals as established and or directed by Management.
- Partner with customers to develop a marketing strategy utilizing our video assets. This may include ad insertion, as well as all forms of social media.
- Identify and prospect leads to an increase in sales. Contact and meet with potential customers to assess telecommunication needs and propose solutions.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of industry technological advances. Able to effectively communicate the benefits of the company's products and services. Provide demonstrations on new products and technology.
- Maintain a strong relationship with customers through consultative selling, follow-up contact, proactive account, and contact management.
- Manage and facilitate the sales process. Survey, document and assess customer’s needs. Prepare and present individualized quotes using sales engineering, vendors and suppliers as resources if needed.
- Responsible for Key Account management including project management, coordination, strategic planning, relationship management, negotiation, leadership and innovative development of opportunities as well as keeping a record of transaction of sale and purchase goods.
- Provide oversight and management of all aspects of the customer’s account. Insure the integrity of customer account data is accurate and complete. Ensure billing and changes are accomplished and communicated internally and externally in a timely manner.
- Create and/or assist in, evaluating, managing and executing sales and marketing tools, documents, policies, and procedures for continual improvement and efficiency.
- Assist with development, execution, and measurement of effectiveness for promotional campaigns.
- Will be required to contact customers outside of Oskaloosa, which will include limited travel.
- Participate in community organizations in order to build relationships with other businesses in the communities that MCG offers services.
- Participate in MCG-sponsored events that promote our company within the communities that MCG offers services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- College degree in business, communications, or marketing; or a minimum of 3 years previous sales experience in the telecommunications or technology field.
- Valid driver’s license – driving to sales calls is required.
- Knowledge of T1, MPLS, Ethernet, PRI, SIP, Broadband Internet, Collocation, DS3, PSTN and Hosted VoIP preferred. If the candidate does not possess this knowledge, they must be able to quickly learn and continually develop their understanding of these communication technologies.
- Proactive and Self-motivated – needs to work well unsupervised and possess strong organizational skills. Able to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment. Able to facilitate, coordinate and communicate effectively to ensure high quality and timely execution of projects and customer requests.
- Must be computer literate and able to effectively use MS Office or similar products as well as Email, web and Intranet-based applications.
- Personal vehicle may be required for job-related duties.
- This position will be located at our Grinnell location.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Bachelors Degree or better in Business or related field.