The multilingual specialist will collaborate with the Writing Center’s other professional staff to support multilingual international and domestic students through individual consultations, courses, and workshops. Duties include:
• Teach writing, reading, and speaking skills and processes in individual sessions and classroom courses.
• Develop new courses to address the needs of multilingual students.
• Plan and conduct trainings in multilingual writing pedagogy for Writing Center instructors, undergraduate writing tutors, and faculty.
• Collaborate with offices and staff across campus to develop and promote academic resources for multilingual students.
• Consult with individual faculty about supporting multilingual students.
• Create and maintain initiatives to support multilingual students.
• Participate in writing assessment activities.
• Maintain session records.
• Pursue professional development in writing center pedagogy and the teaching of English to multilingual students.
This is a full-time, 9 month position.
• MA in TESOL, Second Language Acquisition, Linguistics, or related field.
• Experience teaching writing, reading, and speaking for academic purposes to ELL students at the college level.
• Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues, faculty, and campus staff to support multilingual students.
• PhD in TESOL, Second Language Acquisition, Linguistics, or related field.
• Writing center tutoring experience at the college level.
• Knowledge of multilingual tutoring pedagogy and scholarship.
• Knowledge of writing center tutoring pedagogy and scholarship.
• Experience developing instruction or resources for instructors or tutors of ELL writers.
• Experience supporting underrepresented populations in higher education.