Overview: Specializes in providing positive health outcomes to clients with a variety of health risks through massage, reflexology, relaxation services and other related services. Assists in the activities, enhancement, and promotion of UPH-GRMC and Postels Community Health Park activities.
- Demonstrates excellence in practice by promoting healing and well being through responsible, compassionate, and respectful touch.
- Conducts oneself in a manner meriting the respect of the public and other professionals in all settings.
- Interacts frequently with clients to determine appropriate outcomes, help alleviate pain, and motivate towards positive health outcomes.
- Treats each client with respect, dignity, and worth.
- Uses professional verbal, nonverbal, and written communications.
- Provides an environment that is safe and comfortable for the client and meets or exceeds all requirements for health and safety.
- Uses universal precautions to insure infection control hygiene practices and maintains a level of personal hygiene appropriate for practitioners in the therapeutic setting.
- Conducts an accurate needs assessment, develops a plan of care with client, and updates the plan as needed. Uses appropriate draping to protect the client’s physical and emotional privacy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application within the limitations of the scope of practice.
- Actively promotes, recommends, and interacts with other services or professionals as necessary to meet clients’ health needs.
- Makes referrals to other professionals when in the best interest of the client and/or practitioner.
- Provides information or education to inpatients, outpatients, or community members in a timely manner, as requested by physicians, nursing staff, and collaborative departments.
- Assists the department manager with client tracking, utilization, and quality improvement.
- Displays a positive and professional attitude as a representative of UPH-GRMC.
- Complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.