Overview: Performs duties relating to scheduling for physicians employing the service, including: data entry, answering the phones, filing, correspondence, and maintaining demographics. Provides excellent service to all customers, striving to exceed their expectations, to ensure quality improvement to the UPH-GRMC/PSO Physician Group’s customer-focused environment. Exemplifies excellent customer service toward patients, families, visitors, volunteers, physicians, and co-workers. Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect. Communicates with all customers in a positive and professional manner. Contributes to teamwork and harmonious working relationships.
- Opens daily mail, sorts and delivers.
- Verifies patient demographic information at every visit.
- Collects co-payments, at time of service.
- Verifies provider has returned all encounter forms or can account for them.
- Verifies, at the end of the day, all appointments are arrived/cancels/or no shows.
- Answers telephone.
- Files; permanent record storage and retrieval.
- Greets and consults with patient, customers.
- Must verify all patient appointment are scheduled in Epic.
- Will have patients sign all electronic forms at appropriate visits (HIPAA, financial policy, consent to treat, etc.).
- Monitors supplies and forms to assure adequate stock and compliance.
- Readjusts work assignments according to backlogs, absences, etc., and reports to Director.
- Manages physician schedules and blocks schedules accordingly.
- Coordinates information with billing staff to ensure all charges are captured and properly reflected.
- Compiles and sends out patient record requests.
- Copy records and forwards to other providers.
- Billing office staff identifies issues which front office staff reviews and corrects.