The purpose of this position is to securely package orders in the most cost-effective manner, and to ensure packages are marked with proper shipping and handling instructions.
What You Will Do
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fills customer orders by retrieving them from appropriate shelving.
- Packs items of customer order securely into the most cost effective box and bags, and prepares order to be shipped out to customers.
- Verifies receipt of ordered items by comparing packing list to product received.
- Verifies quality and quantity of product.
- Logs discrepancies and passes information to other areas for corrective action
- Enters product received into inventory system.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Using correct scanners, places received product in designated areas.
- Keys new and second locations for product into the computer and moves product accordingly.
- Assembles and packages items from bulk quantities to designated product assembly quantities.
- Assists in filling out forms and documenting material movement and location of inventory to ensure timely, damage-free, and accurate shipments and stock
- Organize and store supplies
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Forklift experience preferred, not required
Knowledge & Skills
- Data entry
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Arithmetic computation
- Basic reading
- Basic writing
- Standing/walking for 8-hour days
- Lifting 5 lbs. frequently, 30 lbs. occasionally, 40-50 lbs. occasionally with assistance
- Able to safely climb ladders and use stairs
- Work in conditions ranging from 40-100 degrees
- Able to use computers/hand scanners
- Customer Focus L1
- Creativity & Innovation L1
- Teamwork & Collaboration L1
- Communication & Interpersonal Effectiveness L1
- Drive for Results L2
Medium work. Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
Where You’ll Be Located