As a member of the award winning Grinnell College Dining Services team our Bakers are responsible for creating delectable baked goods, while being afforded the opportunity to grow and develop professionally by attaining certifications through continued education and on the job training. Our Bakers work effectively within a fast paced environment, assist with the training of regular and student staff, maintain safety and sanitation standards and good personal hygiene, effectively partner with a diverse team. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a passion for culinary expression, have previous food service industry experience, and a great desire to grow professionally within the culinary arts.
Duties will include:
-Preparation of breakfast pastries, bars, cookies, pies, desserts, and breads using standardized recipes
-Assist with on-the-job training
-Communicate needs of the bakery
-Maintain federal, state, and college safety and sanitation standards
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Six months or more experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, etc.
• Values diversity and inclusion
• Ability to work well within a team
• Communicate effectively across multiple levels of staff and students
Serve Safe Food Certification but will provide training for the certification if necessary.