The IT System Administrator provides technical service support; installation, maintenance, and software training support; and monitors/develops procedures for personal computer management. Provides technical expertise for users in the areas of training, problem resolution, hardware and software upgrades. Serves as escalation point for client issue and assists IT Engineering staff with enterprise server administration support and scheduled maintenance as assigned. Ensures that client computers are functioning properly and are available for the intended uses. Career level position within the field. Requires experience and proficiency in discipline. Contribute to measurable team and/or organizational objectives. Provides solutions to issues utilizing judgment.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and schedules distribution and installation of all software/hardware updates and upgrades.
- Responsible for proper day-to-day operation of technology applications and equipment
- AD account creation
- End User Support and maintenance
- Responds to support requests
- Detects, analyzes and resolves problems in commonly used business applications as well as phone applications.
- Coordinates desktop hardware evaluation
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming e-mail, in-person, telephone, and voice mail requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine computer user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Applies knowledge of applications, software, hardware, and networks in troubleshooting user issues.
- Appropriately troubleshoots computer, warehouse, and retail hardware and software.
- Installs and/or images computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Escalates issues using appropriate progression to internal MIS staff, management, and/or vendors.
- Creates documentation on how-to resolve and/or troubleshoot issues internally.
- Coaches users on software and hardware operation and maintenance.
- Acts as escalation point of contact for service desk support.
- Interviews users to collect information about problems and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine the source of error.
- Logs and tracks requests using content management software and maintains historic records and related problem documentation.
- Maintains familiarity with software and hardware documentation.
- Follows change management policies.
- Incident management coordination
- Assist in supporting our Cloud Services and datacenter infrastructure.
- Schedules distribution and installation of software/hardware updates and upgrades.
- Support and maintain systems and services in a hybrid (on premise /public cloud) environment.
- Support and maintain Microsoft Active Directory (2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2)
- Respond to support requests and participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation and off-hours maintenance windows
- Ensure users are provided professional, courteous and timely communication, support and service
- Ensures backup, recovery and security procedures are set up and performed as planned and necessary according to industry best practices.
- Documents, supports, and carries out the hardware and operating system and software maintenance schedule.
Education and Experience
- Three years of relevant experience or equivalent education (BA/BS degree and 1 years of relevant experience)
- BA/BS degree preferred, but not required
- MTA certification preferred, but not required
Knowledge & Skills
- Desktop peripherals, printers, and other common end user devices (cell phones, tablets, scanners, etc.).
- All Current Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Applications (Office, Adobe, Java, etc.).
- Windows Server, Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP, and other associated server roles.
- Windows Remote Desktop 2008R2/2012R2/2016 environments and 3rd party application installation and management.
- O365 and Azure experience.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco, Dell centric Switches, Firewalls, Routing, Security, LAN/WAN , SIP and VPN technologies.
- Desired exposure to VoIP PBX server systems, phones and peripherals. Linux CentOS
- PowerShell or other scripting experience an asset
- Customer Focus (L1)
- Creativity and Innovation (L1)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L1)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L1)
- Drive for Results (L2)
Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments