Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Utilizes scientific principles to administer chemotherapy agents and outpatient fluids, medications, and injections.
- Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal account of patient’s care.
- Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills specific to the chemotherapy/infusion specialty in accordance with the established policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the individuals served.
- Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare team members within their scope of practice and holds them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking in developing nursing interventions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Education
- Utilizes teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
- Consults appropriate resources to provide specialized education.
- Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents, and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
- Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Assists with departmental and hospital wide organizational quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates competency in the administration of chemotherapy agents.