The purpose of the position is to support the buying team. Execute tactical buys at the factory level from the daily buy report. Supporting buying team on special projects. Tactically execute administrative duties for department: Buying, Cost updates, Clerical, assist with receiving issues as needed.
What You Will Do
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for updating all new costs into the business system and communicates these changes to manager.
- Execute order parameters within the business system (COBOL) and the Demand Planning system (DSX)
- Resolve inventory administrative issues.
- Understand that supply and logistics is a system of organizations, people, technology, activities, information, and resources involved in moving a product or service from supplier to customer.
- Recognize the ways that supply chains link value chains.
- Understand the influence of demand on the process design.
- Responsible for executing supply plan
- Responsible for maintaining supplier relationships.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to execute product development plan.
- Manages the day to day tactical relationship with suppliers
- Execute Procure to pay process including but not limited to releasing purchase orders, trouble shooting operational issues and resolving supplier invoice issues.
- Understand the impact of business KPI’s on how each impacts the business.
- Assist with day to day department clerical needs mailing purchase orders and labels. Updating item information in ERP system. Support buying team in resolving receiving word orders.
- Assist with special project.
- Execute daily and repetitive department tactical requirements.
Education and Experience
- Zero to Two years of relevant experience or equivalent education
- AA Degree preferred but not required
Knowledge & Skills
- Product knowledge
- Mathematical Concepts and Applications
- Project Time Management
- Active Listening
- Basic Excel Knowledge
- Effective Communication
- Inventory management
- Accountability and responsibility
- Customer Focus (L2)
- Creativity and Innovation (L2)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L3)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L3)
- Drive for Results (L2)
Light work. Light work involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be very little, a job is in this category when it requires a good deal of walking or standing, or when it involves sitting most of the time with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls. To be considered capable of performing a full or wide range of light work, you must have the ability to do substantially all of these activities.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments
Where You’ll Be Located