The purpose of the position is to provide analytics support to the company’s various retail and wholesale business units leveraging internal and external data including, but not limited to: product, sales, consumer and web platform. The ideal candidate is adept at using this data to identify new opportunities primarily within the customer and product domains. They must be able to use various methods of analyzing and mining data including statistical, modeling and simulation. In addition the theoretical functions, they must be able to apply the concepts and outcomes to real business situations in ways that scale to enterprise business volumes. They must be able to work with a wide range of different stakeholders from various business functions and be able to apply business acumen to the emerging needs of these stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be highly customer-focused (internal and external customers) and eager to find data solutions that improve business outcomes.
What You Will Do
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Evaluate effectiveness and profitability of programs and promotions
- May examine statistical data to forecast future trends and project market potential.
- Mine and analyze data from internal databases and external sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Use company A/B testing framework to test model quality
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Interprets analytics and identifies implications of the data to support marketing decisions to achieve strategic objectives
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Education and Experience
- 4-7 years of relevant experience or equivalent education
- BA/BS degree in computer, engineering or quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, economics, computer science, mathematics, physics).
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Project Management
- At least 2 years of experience in a high-level data science language (For example: R, Python, Scala, Swift, Julia, Java-ML or similar)
- Data Analytics & Statistical Programs
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
- At least 1 year of experience with an analysis toolsuite (For example: tableau, birst, looker, domo, cognos, business objects,, sisense, or similar)
- Experience training machine learning models in a cloud computing environment such as: Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Consumer Behavior or Retail Sales analysis experience
- Data visualization software, Azure Machine Learning studio, Amazon EC2, Google Cloud
- Customer Focus (L3)
- Creativity and Innovation (L2)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L3)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L3)
- Drive for Results (L3)
- Consumer and Customer Analysis (L2)
- Marketing Operations (L2)
Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments
Where You’ll Be Located