Grinnell College seeks a 10-month, full-time assistant coach for the men’s and women’s cross country and track and field teams. This position will be responsible for assisting the head cross country and track and field coaches with all aspects of practice, preparation, coaching, and competition planning. The position also includes assisting with the recruitment efforts for the cross country and track and field programs including social media design and promotion, traveling off campus for meets, maintaining contact with recruits throughout the recruitment process via email, phone, and video calls, and helping coordinate campus visits for prospective students-athletes. This position also includes other duties as assigned by the athletic department.
This role requires the candidate to travel and work nights, and weekends.
- Assist head coaches in all aspects of running competitive collegiate cross country and track and field programs.
- Support the head coaches in developing and implementing strategies to successfully recruit, yield, and support a diverse group of academically and athletically talented student-athletes.
- Coach student-athletes in both team and individual settings.
- Organize and manage training programs for assigned event groups.
- Attend and support team needs at all practices and contests, including coordinating travel needs (food, lodging, transportation) for the team when necessary.
- Assist with the organizing, planning, and marketing for home cross country, indoor, and outdoor track and field meets.
- Create a team environment which allows all student-athletes to grow and develop as students, as athletes, as leaders, and as individuals.
- Promote a culture of health, well-being, and safety in all aspects of the intercollegiate varsity cross country and track and field teams.
- Assist with team, parent, alumni, recruiting, and community service events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the athletic department.