The purpose of the position is to work directly with the department’s senior leadership. The Supply Planning Analyst will manage and drive key business KPI’s that support overall goals of Sales, Profit, Inventory Turns and product availability. The Supply Planning Analyst will work on projects assigned to them by senior management that will support continuous improvement throughout the supply chain. This is an entry level position.
What You Will Do
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts performance reviews for suppliers and market reviews.
- Provides issue resolution for supplier service and quality issues.
- Assists marketing and Merchandising teams with developing product promotions and implements merchandising initiatives.
- Conducts regular analysis of category performance, identifying key trends and improvement opportunities.
- Works with cross-functional teams (across marketing, product and supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance.
- Tactical buying of Key suppliers inside of assigned product categories.
- Monitor open purchase order commitments and aligns with inventory plan and product availability expectations.
- Assists as required in resolving problems related to pricing, shortages, overages, damaged product, etc.
- Responsible for compiling, updating and generating monthly scorecards for each assigned Category
- Monitors the daily order plans for assigned categories to ensure that the buy recommendations are reasonable and will support the current plan.
- Establishes item master and order plan parameters that ensures sufficient inventory is purchased to support the sales/demand plan while meeting our asset performance expectations.
- Manage inventory availability and inventory turns performance by category and sub-category, while maintaining appropriate levels of customer service.
- Advises Demand Planning Manager of any needed adjustments to the forecast.
- Analyzes inventory levels and identifies opportunities to increase inventory turns while minimizing Excess inventory exposure.
- Assist in preparing and presenting monthly KPI’s for the assigned product lines.
- Support projects with direct guidance from senior management and level II Supply Planning Managers.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- BA/BS degree required in Supply Chain, Accounting, Finance or Business Adm.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make informed, timely decisions.
- Ability to plan and organize communications and build strategic relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- General Knowledge of distribution and warehouse management theories.
- Understanding of basic supply chain terminology and planning processes.
- Risk management
- Project Time Management
- Supporting and training staff
- Materials management fundamentals
- Supplier knowledge
- Supply chain synchronization
- Sourcing and purchasing
- Process improvement
- Lean management
- Business management
- Customer Focus (L3)
- Creativity and Innovation (L2)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L3)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L3)
- Drive for Results (L3)
- Negotiation (L3)
- Planning and Results Orientation (L3)
Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments
Where You’ll Be Located