The purpose of the position is to process accurate and timely payments for all invoices to ensure funds are disbursed and recorded in accordance with Company policy.
This position is a seasonal role expected to last 4-6 months depending on business needs.
What You Will Do
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process AP in a timely manner
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoice payment in accordance with cash discounts and payment terms
- Determine proper invoice expense account coding
- Process wire payments and bi-weekly check runs
- Monitor and review vendor statements
- Research and respond to vendor inquiries
- Enter vendor credit card payments, agreeing payment to invoice, P.O. and goods receipt and perform statement reconciliation.
- Maintain and update vendor master files, responsible for accuracy and complete vendor information
- Coordinate with various departments to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Provide support for other areas as needed
Education and Experience
- AA required (Accounting preferred)
- 1-3 years Office Experience required, accounting preferred
- Experience with computer based accounting systems preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Customer Focus (L1)
- Creativity and Innovation (L1)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L1)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L1)
- Drive for Results (L2)
- Organizational Finance Policies Compliance and Maintenance (L2)
Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments
Where You’ll Be Located