- Bachelor’s Degree in Science must be obtained which is sufficient to allow certification under one of the Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Certifying Agencies’ examination routes.Must meet Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) requirements to perform highly complex testing. Additionally, any regulatory agency personnel standards, which are applicable to the position, must be met.
- Experience in clinical laboratory disciplines sufficient to allow certification under one of the Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Certifying Agencies’ examination routes is required.
- Technologist/Scientist (MT/MLS) Certification within one (1) year of employment
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Equipment to be used in this position includes analytical laboratory equipment, laboratory processing equipment, and hospital and laboratory information systems.
- Certifying Agencies include but are not limited to the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board of Certification (BOC), American Medical Technologist (AMT) Certification, and American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB) Board of Registry (ABOR). As long as these are met, any exam may be taken.’s