Mahaska Communications Group (MCG) is currently seeking Telecommunications Construction Technicians. The individuals selected for these positions will play a key role in helping bring our services to Grinnell and beyond by operating various pieces of excavation and fiber installation equipment.
- Competitive salary & annual profit sharing
- Matching 401K plan
- Generous vacation and personal time packages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Fully paid continuing education program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promoting safety consciousness and adherence to OSHA, Utility, Federal, State, and Local safety requirements during placement of the underground network.
- Prepare job site and excavation equipment so that the underground network can be installed safely and efficiently.
- Flag proposed routes and call-in locates.
- Create the best boring path based on utility locates and pothole all necessary utilities to ensure boring can be performed safely and efficiently.
- Dig in, backfill, and perform cleanup for all structures based on design documentation.
- Perform fiber installation for the underground network.
- Providing accurate as-built information to be entered into the GIS system.
- Required to perform QC & QA on all work performed and equipment.
- Participate in repairs in the event of an emergency
- Other misc. duties as assigned.