The purpose of the position is to direct employees in accurate, timely and efficient functions within the retail environment. The supervisor achieves key processes and operational cost improvements in accordance with established company policies and procedures. Supervisor also fosters a team environment to support Brownells’ vision of Selection, Service, and Satisfaction.
What You Will Do
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Services.
- Processes transactions with customers.
- Answers or seeks answers to customer inquiries.
- Handles complaints or redirects them to management.
- Ensures customer has had their needs met.
- May also bag, box or wrap customer purchases.
- Understands and meets the requirements, expectations and needs of both internal and external customers.
- Assist in other areas of the store when business needs dictates
- Maintain all merchandising standards, display presentation, signing standards and monitory inventory levels.
- Instructs others on a variety of techniques to provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement processes to control shrink, expenses, and payroll
- Restocks supplies around register area as needed
- Responsible for keeping enough change in register
- May run reports on register transactions
- Monitors sales performance and adjusts inventory forecast accordingly
- Maintains accurate inventory count
- Inspects merchandise and shows to customer
- Transfers knowledge about the product features and benefits to the customer
- Obtains information from reference sources and supplies customer with needed information
- Keeps current and knowledgeable on products and services
- Ensures compliance with organizational safety requirements
- Calmly takes action in the fact of extreme circumstances using trained procedures
- Maintains facility in good condition to promote customer safety and satisfaction
- Implement and maintain Guest Service standards.
- Assist in adjusting strategies to improve sales performance by analyzing and measuring business trends, developing and implementing plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Provides input regarding product or marketing needs from customer viewpoint
- Recruit, train, develop and communicate with all staff as well as assess performance on a regular basis
- Plan and assign daily goals, tasks and assignments. Assure proper completion through follow-up.
- Monitors work to ensure tasks have been successfully completed.
- Motivates others to achieve goals, accomplish tasks and complete objectives through encouragement, influence and coaching.
- Management of all office tasks including management of funds and media, receiving, inventory and time and attendance.
- Monitors day-to-day operations concerning safety, product movement and preparation
- Solves day-to-day operational problems on a front-line basis, stepping in to help when necessary
- Determines labor requirements throughout the day/week/month and schedules accordingly, while controlling overtime
- Decision maker in the hiring process for Retail Store personnel with assistance
- Provides coaching to the team leads on a regular basis and other employees when needed
- Is available to employees for work problems, providing appropriate coaching, counseling with assistance, direction and resolution
- Tracks and monitors performance metrics to ensure overall performance is aligned with corporate goals and objectives
- Responsible for correct and timely review and approval of employee time & attendance records
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knows the strengths, weaknesses, style, experience and work-related preferences of his/her staff.
- Effectively selects and promotes high performers
- Rewards team members in ways they wish to be recognized by getting to know them as individuals.
- Administers first aid
- Communicates all related information to employees including performance metrics, safety information, scheduling, etc.
- Establishes work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures and strategic directives
- Coordinates activities within retail area to ensure objectives are met
- Develops or revises operational processes to ensure the most efficient work flow design
- Provides innovative solutions to promote continuous improvement
- Seeks to simplify operations and to reduce expenses
- Creates and maintains a high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level
- Directs implementation of project initiatives
- Adheres to budget requirements
- Remains current on all compliance and regulation changes
- Communicates departmental statistical and performance feedback to the retail store employees
- Writes and administers performance reviews to continuously work toward a performance culture with assistance
- Ensures employees have appropriate training and other developmental opportunities
- Addresses disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy with assistance
- Prepares warnings and communicates effectively with employees on warnings and makes effective/appropriate decisions relative to corrective action as required with assistance
- Provides daily direction and communication to employees so that all retail objectives are met
- Responsible for all communications regarding department or employee concerns
- Maintains good working relationship with leaders in other areas to provide the best service for Brownells customers
- Responsible for onboarding new hires and their appropriate placement to maximize their success and achieve departmental goals
- Motivates teams and individuals to maximize their potential
- Responsible for approving/denying employee requests for schedule changes
Education and Experience
- Two to five years of experience in a leadership position or equivalent education (BA/BS degree and 1 year of relevant experience)
- Two to four years of relevant experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Organizational safety compliance
- Continuous performance improvement
- Customer Focus (L2)
- Creativity and Innovation (L2)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L2)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L2)
- Drive for Results (L2)
Medium work. Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments
Where You’ll Be Located