The purpose of this position is to manage and improve the receiving, handling, storing, picking, packing, and shipping activities within the warehouse to meet and/or exceed established performance goals and safe operations. Manages the activities of supervisors and/or individual contributors, and has responsibility of hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews.
What You Will Do
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for warehouse performing at optimal efficiency, though planning, order management, and workload balance and scheduling
- Establishes standard operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, and shipping products or materials.
- Manages workforce planning to ensure proper staffing in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
- Oversees maintenance of warehouse equipment, providing for both preventive maintenance programs and ensures all necessary repairs are completed.
- Ensures warehouse safety and compliance programs are adhered to.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of fulfillment, including order processing, shipping, receiving, maintenance, inventory control, etc.
- Defines and monitors performance metrics to ensure overall performance is aligned with corporate goals and objectives.
- Adheres to budget requirements.
- Partner with other department leaders including compliance, supply chain, customer service, marketing, and finance to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Performs facilities and process planning activities to meet business requirements and maintain continuous improvement environment.
- Directs fulfillment staff on daily activities.
- Directs team development and engagement in continuous improvement process.
- Identifies and addresses opportunities for personnel development of employees and encourages through coaching, mentoring and motivating team members.
- Motivates and encourages a positive performance culture in the fulfillment area.
- Set, communicate, and manage project expectations with team members.
- Partners with HR to promote programs that support overall employee engagement and effective conflict resolution.
- Maintains inventory integrity both systematic and physical.
- Follows budget and productivity measures.
- Recommends equipment requirements and replacements to the Operations leadership in order to upgrade and maintain warehouse productivity and efficiency.
- Develops appropriate performance reporting, monitors, and communicates to stakeholders.
- Schedule employee training and track adherence
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree preferred, but not required.
- 8+ years of experience in Operations Management
- 6+ years of experience in a leadership position or equivalent education (BS/BA degree plus 2 years of relevant experience).
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems a plus
Knowledge & Skills
- Change Management
- Effective Communication
- Project Time Management
- Complex Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Focus (L4)
- Creativity and Innovation (L3)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L4)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L3)
- Drive for Results (L4)
Medium work. Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments
Where You’ll Be Located