Provide Business/Systems Analysis and support in the areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Costing, Financial Reporting, and other related accounting processes. Provide functional expertise relative to ERP Accounting modules and ancillary systems including their integration. The Business/Systems Analyst will be the primary Technology Services point of contact for the Accounting and Finance group.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary liaison between business units, technology and support teams
- Facilitate working sessions with stakeholders to gather and document business requirements.
- Use knowledge of accounting business processes and the respective ERP system capabilities to define optimal solutions that effectively meet the business needs with efficient use of the systems.
- Prepare technical specifications for configuration, software development and queries/reports.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers.
- Partner with the internal and/or 3rd party development teams to ensure defined requirements are reflected in the technical design and specification documents.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop test plans and detail test cases.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet user requirements.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and identify errors and alarms.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Seven years of relevant experience or equivalent education (BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 5 years of relevant experience)
- Three years of experience interpreting and writing use cases, application & interface wireframes, flow diagrams, activity diagrams and cross functional business flow diagrams
- Several years of software implementation experience, with demonstrated experience leading all or large parts for complex projects in the ERP applications space
- Two years of years ERP software experience, preferably with Infor M3
- Experience with application of the principles, procedures and practices of project management sufficient to act as project leader including running and conducting meetings as required.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Proficient with project management software (MS Project or similar) and process flow software, (MS Visio or similar)
How many years of experience do you have interpreting and writing use cases, application & interface wireframes, flow diagrams, activity diagrams and cross functional business flow diagrams?
Knowledge & Skills
- ERP systems knowledge
- Business Process
- Problem Solving
- Application Integrations & systems analysis
- Quality Assurance
- Vendor Management
- Project Planning
- Data Translation and Conversion
- SQL / Relational Database
- Application development logic
- The ability to provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing and new systems.
- Provide recommendations for possible process changes to help optimize current procedures in support of maximizing outcomes.
- Optimize outsource relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills; ability to overcome obstacles to complete projects and deliver results.
- Ability to inspire and partner with diverse individuals at all levels of the organization in a highly cross-functional and matrixed environment.
- Customer Focus (L3)
- Creativity and Innovation (L3)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L3)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L3)
- Drive for Results (L3)
Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments
Where You’ll Be Located