Under the leadership and guidance of award-winning Executive Chef Scott Turley, catering staff members are able to produce a wide range of culinary delights and provide exemplary service to the Grinnell College community and the town of Grinnell. Working side by side with student employees, catering staff members deliver and set up food cater events on and off campus. The ideal candidate would be efficient in a fast-paced environment, proficient in comprehending service levels, maintain safety and sanitation standards, effectively partner with a diverse team, and possess a passion for the culinary arts.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare food items/refreshments for various catered events on campus, using approved culinary practices.
- Transport and set-up catered functions, including loading and unloading catering vehicles.
- Responsible for the set-up, organization, tear down and cleaning of the catering areas.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a clean and sanitary work area, including equipment, following all Federal, State and College standards, as well as practicing good personal hygiene
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or requisite experience
- Six months or more experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be well organized and able to multitask.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex work assignments and make independent decisions.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Serve Safe Certificate, but will provide training for certificate if necessary.
Selected candidates will need to successfully complete a background check, physical examination and physical assessment prior to the first day of work.