We are seeking a full time Front Office Specialist to become a part of our team working in the urgent care/primary care setting. Your main focus will be providing high-quality patient care as part of a healthcare team. You will work within the scope of the medical protocols established by the company and within the scope of duties assigned, to provide prompt, comprehensive and competent medical care. The ideal candidate is an experienced medical front office receptionist or assistant who has two years of customer experience, works well with others, and has a positive experience with patient care.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner.
- Must have a pleasant disposition with a desire to provide great customer service.
- Ability to check patients in and out at the front desk to ensure patient flow and when needed
- Consistently communicates with patients on wait times; provides direction to the next step in the treatment process
- Understand Insurance verification process and data entry into EMR
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Provides solutions to patient problems and recognizes and seeks help in emergent/ hazardous situations
- Completes patient check-in/out procedures when necessary
- Obtains and accurately documents of each patient.
- Maintains examination room and stocks if necessary
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Acts with honesty and integrity in all business transactions, including, but not limited to, employment applications/resumes, patient records, time records, and financial transactions
- Experience with MS Word and MS Excel, knowledge of HIPAA, ability to work independently and as a team.
- Knowledge of office equipment to include fax, scanner, and copy machine.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to other clinics.
- Must maintain regular and sustained attendance.