$1,000 Sign On Bonus (Pay-Out Quarterly) for 1 year commitment.
Quick Visit Urgent Care is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team in an urgent care setting. We offer a great working environment where patient care is at the forefront of everything we do. Our team’s goal is to provide accessible, affordable healthcare in underserved communities.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing basic clinical care to patients commensurate with their medical education. The duties shall include performing initial clinical evaluations and urgent care procedures. The Medical Assistant will prepare patients for continued medical evaluation by advanced registered nurse practitioners by taking a brief history, establishing vital signs, and recording appropriate documentation. Job duties include (but are not limited to) preparing exam room for next patient, taking vital signs, administering injections, drawing blood, running labs, performing EKGs, ordering supplies, etc.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Greets and treats patients in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner.
- Able to check patients in and out at the front desk to ensure patient flow and when needed
- Consistently communicates with patients on wait times; provides direction to the next step in the treatment process
- Provides solutions to patient problems and recognizes and seeks help in emergent/ hazardous situations
- Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs and weight, takes brief history, past medical, family and social history, current mediations, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate
- Administer any medication as ordered by provider and within your licensure/certification; Laboratory duties- Perform CLIA-waived lab test, draw blood and collect and label specimens for any send out labs; Assist with DOT and Non-DOT urine drug screens and blood alcohol testing
- Follows documentation procedures and completes required paperwork related to patient visit
- Maintains examination room and stocks if necessary
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies
- Phlebotomy, injections, medical procedures and laboratory procedures appropriate for level of training under the direction of a clinician
- Acts with honesty and integrity in all business transactions, including, but not limited to, employment applications/resumes, patient records, time records, and financial transactions
- Must maintain regular and sustained attendance.
- Maintains a clean environment inside the facility.
- Follows quality assurance guidelines and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs additional duties as required.