Quick Visit Urgent Care is seeking a Medical Assistant with Non-Certified X-ray Technician License to join our team in an urgent care setting. We offer a great working environment where patient care is at the forefront of everything we do. Our team’s goal is to provide accessible, affordable healthcare in underserved communities.
The ideal candidate must have a Non-Certified X-ray Technician License, a Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist Certificate (LMRT), or Certification from similar Radiologic Technology Program.
The Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician is responsible for providing basic clinical care to patients commensurate with their medical education. The duties shall include performing initial clinical evaluations and urgent care procedures. The X-Ray Tech/Medical Assistant will prepare patients for continued medical evaluation by advanced registered nurse practitioners by taking a brief history, establishing vital signs, and recording appropriate documentation. This candidate will also perform x-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement using knowledge of anatomy and physiology within the limited scope of their certification. Job duties include preparing exam room for next patient, taking vital signs, administering injections, drawing blood, running labs, taking X-rays, performing EKGs, ordering supplies, etc.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Position patient under X-Ray machine, adjust immobilization devices, and provide appropriate radiation protection
- Adjust switches regulating length and intensity of exposure and make minor adjustments to equipment
- Administers routine X-Ray exams as ordered by the treating clinician and in accordance with scope of state license
- Maintains quality assurance by performing appropriate validity tests and keeping quality assurance records
- Provides timely follow up regarding lab and x-ray results
- Greets and treats patients in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner.
- Able to check patients in and out at the front desk to ensure patient flow and when needed
- Consistently communicates with patients on wait times; provides direction to the next step in the treatment process
- Provides solutions to patient problems and recognizes and seeks help in emergent/ hazardous situations
- Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs and weight, takes brief history, past medical, family and social history, current mediations, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate
- Administer any medication as ordered by provider and within your licensure/certification; Laboratory duties- Perform CLIA-waived lab test, draw blood and collect and label specimens for any send out labs; Assist with DOT and Non-DOT urine drug screens and Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT)
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures and follows established clinical and regulatory procedures in regards to patient safety and care; including proper radiation protection and shielding techniques
- Ensures that equipment is in proper working order and reports any malfunctions to the Center Manager or designee on duty
- Follows documentation procedures and completes required paperwork related to patient visit
- Maintains examination room and stocks if necessary
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies
- Phlebotomy, injections, medical procedures and laboratory procedures appropriate for level of training under the direction of a clinician
- Acts with honesty and integrity in all business transactions, including, but not limited to, employment applications/resumes, patient records, time records, and financial transactions
- Must maintain regular and sustained attendance.
- Performs radiologic imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of the clinic
- Completes and signs patient screening form and explains the procedure to the patient.
- Maintains patient care, comfort and safety
- Provide images to the facility in the desired site format.
- Performs equipment quality checks and troubleshoots problems. Calls for service and notifies all pertinent team members.
- Maintains a clean environment inside the facility.
- Follows quality assurance guidelines and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs additional duties as required.