QuickVisit Urgent Care is located in Grinnell, Iowa. We are seeking Full-Time and PRN Family Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to become a part of our team working in the urgent care/primary care setting. Your main focus will be providing high-quality patient care as part of a healthcare team.
You will work within the scope of the medical protocols established by the company and within the scope of your state’s license, to provide prompt, comprehensive, and competent medical care.
- Provides exemplary customer service to patients, visitors, and coworkers.
- Provides leadership, direction, and assistance during emergencies while maintaining a comforting and reassuring environment for patients.
- Complies with necessary regulatory standards and licensure requirements mandated by Federal and State Agencies (i.e. HIPAA, OSHA, and CPR certification).
- Performs medical assessment for patients and appropriately documents all relevant information on designated forms and/or EMR.
- Establishes and monitors a medically appropriate level of care for clinic patients.
- Performs examinations for workers’ comp, occupational medicine, DOT, sports and other physicals, wellness tests, and pre-employment screenings.
- Oversees directs, and supports on-site laboratory, dispensing of on-site where applicable, Rx, x- rays, injections, and collections for direct access services.
- Performs daily Urgent Care Patient follow-up callbacks to review treatment and check on progress.
- Works with Manager and other staff to ensure operations are consistent with medical policy and professional standards.
- Participates in and assists with in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, nurses, and other personnel employed by or associated with the company.
- Assists in scheduling and providing medical coverage for assigned clinics and other clinics, if needed. As well as doing referrals for specialty care such as orthopedic, cardiology, etc.
- Promotes supports, and engages in projects and activities which will develop or improve services delivered at the clinic.
- Assures compliance with licensing, certification, and accrediting bodies.
- Place IV and initiate intravenous therapy when appropriate.
- Performs medical assessment, procedures, and determines treatment recommendations of center patients ages 6 months and older.
- Ability to utilize 3-5 exam rooms when working in a single-provider clinic.
- Directs and reviews all laboratory and radiology results and develops appropriate treatment plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Acts with honesty and integrity in all business transactions, including, but not limited to, employment applications/resumes, patient records, time records, and financial transactions.
- Graduated with Advanced Practice Nurse Master’s Degree
- Active Iowa Nurse Practitioner state license
- Active DEA license from state of practice if applicable
- Medical Examiners Certification for DOT physicals (ME certification may be acquired within the first 30 days of employment)
- Board Certified (NP must be FNP certified for six (6) months to adult)
- BLS Certification as well as current in ACLS and PALs
- Minimum 1-year applicable experience in acute/urgent care, family practice, or emergency department setting
- Experience in pediatrics (ages 6 months and up)
- Two years of experience preferred
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Minimum 1-year treating patients autonomously
- Virtual Medicine experience a plus!
Beginning pay range $50-55 per hour DOE and qualifications. If you or someone you know is interested in working for a company with patient care as the main priority, please apply!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $50.00 - $60.00 per hour