This role supports the safety and security of our campus through increased screening measures at all visitor entry points. Primary focus will be to greet persons entering and exiting the facility with a smile and a verbal greeting. Remains at the entrances throughout the shift, except for breaks and when relieved by other personnel. Uses algorithms provided and screening guidelines to screen everyone coming through the entrance. Directs individuals as determined by their screening outcomes and purpose for being on campus. Accurately collects required identification and screening health related information from individuals access the campus. Maintains a clean area using appropriate cleaning materials and supplies. Provides enforcement hospital visitation and screening protocols as necessary. Also supports Public Safety personnel with additional duties related to access control or disruptive behavior management.
• Demonstrates positive communication skills and consistently follows FOCUS Values.
• Promptly and courteously greets/addresses each person entering the facility.
• Ensures screening questions and body temperature scan is performed according to established guidelines and patients and visitors have accurate and appropriate information for the next steps in their visit on campus.
• Coordinates with Public Safety team to address any safety/security issues or concerns
• Applies MOAB approved de-escalation techniques and interventions when appropriate.
• Maintains constant communication with Emergency Communications Center and Public Safety Charge Officer throughout the shift as required.
• Demonstrates effective decision-making skills within short time parameters.
Education: High school education or equivalent required. Must be able to read, write, comprehend and speak fluent English.
Experience: Customer service or public relations experience preferred. Computer knowledge and typing skills required.
License/Certification(s): Must be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), “Management of Aggressive Behavior” (MOAB) course, a candidate must complete the courses during the first six (6) months of employment.