Seeking a dedicated mental health professional in a corporate setting to care for employees and their families by assessing psycho-social needs of patients, providing on-going follow-up and support, and serving as an advocate with identification and referral to community services for patients and their families. This professional will maintain knowledge of available community resources and services and work collaboratively with the client other team members in clinical settings to meet the needs of employees and their families.
Direct Patient Care
- Complete psychosocial evaluations and validate family and support systems for patients.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding for psychosocial evaluation regulatory requirements patients.
- Provide counseling, support and follow-up to recommendations with identification and resolution to barriers contributing to access, adherence and financial issues.
- Contribute to on-going treatment plans, compliance with medications, treatment regimens, offering solutions with facilitation, follow-up and monitoring for psychosocial plans.
Assessment and Planning
- Work collaboratively with other care providers for patient evaluations, recommendations, follow-up and treatment.
- Be current on other resources available to employees, such as EAP, to fully support employees seeking care.
- Maintain effective working and collaborative relationships with psychosocial resources and available community resources and services to facilitate development and implementation of plans for patients.
- Act as front-line customer ambassador for patients and clients on behalf of UnityPoint Health At Work
- Assisting with education or outreach with the employer/employees to promote access and utilization of onsite Mental Health resources.
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.