This position is responsible for ensuring the proper day-to-day operation of technology applications and equipment. Provide system wide as well as desk-side assistance in resolving technology support issues. Performs installations, repairs, upgrades, backups, and other maintenance tasks. Detects, analyzes and resolves problems in commonly used business applications as well as phone applications. Requires moderate skill sets and developing proficiency within discipline. Conducts tasks and assignments as directed. Contributes to team objectives and outcomes as guided. Moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment. Limited problem-solving responsibility while working under defined guidelines. May consult with senior peers on general projects.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming e-mail, in-person, telephone, and voice mail requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine computer user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Applies knowledge of applications, software, hardware, and networks in troubleshooting user issues with moderate supervision.
- Appropriately troubleshoots computer, warehouse, and retail hardware and software with moderate supervision.
- Installs and/or images computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Escalates issues using appropriate progression to internal MIS staff, management, and/or vendors.
- Acts as the first point of contact for help desk support and assist Level II or Lead with more complex tickets.
- Interviews users to collect information about problems and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine the source of error.
- Consults with programmers to explain software errors, or to recommend changes to programs.
- Assumes responsibility for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and training skills in order to provide superior technical support
- Logs and tracks requests using content management software, and maintains historic records and related problem documentation.
- Maintains familiarity with software and hardware documentation.
- Follows change management policies.
- Authors how to articles for customers based on interaction and need with assistance.
- Coaches users on software and hardware operation and maintenance.
- Creates documentation on how-to resolve and/or troubleshoot issues internally.
Education and Experience
- AA Degree in IT or Business-related field required, BA/BS degree preferred but not required
- Three plus years of Help Desk technician experience required
- Experience with service management and Agile methodologies preferred
- Experience working with and deploying Windows Operating Systems
- Customer support experience
- Experience with local area and wireless area networks
- Experience with Microsoft Office and/or Office365
Knowledge & Skills
- Executing the Mission
- Living the Core Values
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L2)
- Creativity and Innovation (L2)
- Customer Focus (L2)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L1)
- Testing Quality and Assurance (L1)
- Installation and integration (2)
Light work. Light work involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be very little, a job is in this category when it requires a good deal of walking or standing, or when it involves sitting most of the time with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls. To be considered capable of performing a full or wide range of light work, you must have the ability to do substantially all of these activities.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments