Grinnell College is seeking an energetic, motivated, and well-organized Program Coordinator to support efficient operations in the office of Academic Advising. This position assists staff with a wide array of projects and programs that facilitate students’ success in and outside of the classroom. The staff of Academic Advising are committed to creating an inclusive work culture where all employees know they are valued and feel a sense of belonging.
This position provides critical administrative, technical, and logistical support to the programs and staff of the Academic Advising and Student Assistance offices. This role facilitates operations of key academic success-oriented programs focused on first-year and second-year students and on students needing academic assistance. The program coordinator works closely with students, faculty, and staff performing confidential and sensitive tasks requiring broad knowledge of organizational policies, departments, and practices to support students’ success at Grinnell.
This position requires three years of experience in a service-oriented, confidential environment and the minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate
· Well-developed communication skills to interact effectively with faculty, students, and college administrators both verbally and in writing
· Excellent attention to detail and strong organization skills; experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing an ever-shifting workload and demands
· Solid ability to exercise good judgment including maintaining confidentiality of extremely sensitive data and other information
· Ability to adapt and work independently in a fast pace environment
· Proficient or even advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and other personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc
· Ability to learn quickly – analyzing, synthesizing, and putting plans into action
· A strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
· Ability to work across multiple levels of college constituencies
Include an Associate or Bachelors’ degree, prior experience working in an Administrative Assistant role, and web editing experience.