Reporting to the VP for Community Engagement & Strategic Planning, this position will partner with the Associate Director of Qualitative Research in creating a new Strategic Research function to assess institutional and community needs, build solutions, and create long-terms systems change to benefit the lived experience of all Grinnellians. Bridging the technical expertise of quantitative research with content expertise of leaders across the College and broader community, this position will spearhead strategic studies and analyses to enhance decision making and actively foster a culture that thoughtfully engages with quantitative information to understand facts, nuance, and context.
Design, Implement, Analyze, Interpret, and Apply Quantitative Data (65%)
• Manage quantitative strategic research studies and analyses from end-to-end, and help translate data into clear, actionable insights.
• Develop summaries, visualizations, final reports, presentations, and other means of sharing findings with an emphasis on clarity of methodology and conclusions for a lay audience and identifying opportunities or recommendations for consideration.
• Ad Hoc data analysis and consulting with organizational units across campus and community to enhance decision-making.
• Develop and maintain predictive models to inform decision-making (e.g., yield/conversion, campus enrollment, retention/graduation, predictors of student success)
ACTIVELY FOSTER A DATA-INFORMED CULTURE (35%)
• Serve as an expert in research and design and a key partner with campus and community stakeholders to identify and prioritize strategic questions and hypotheses, monitoring and analyzing internal and external data, and leading or advising internal and external research.
• Collaborate with and mentor other quantitative analysts within the institution to successfully implement and steward unit-level research projects.
• Monitor industry activities impacting higher education and community development. Maintain a working knowledge of strategic opportunities. Keep leadership informed of external trends and issues that may impact the business of the College.
• In collaboration with Analytics and Institutional Research, collect and extract data from campus enterprise systems and surveys as they pertain to broader strategic research questions.