Under general direction, The Academic Assistant provides advanced administrative/academic support for faculty. Additionally, this role will be responsible for diversified and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices. The ideal candidate will be able to administer programs, projects, and processes specific to the departments served. In a team-oriented environment, the Academic Assistant will collaborate with peer colleagues to efficiently complete projects and departmental initiatives. This position is a 10 month position.
- Assist faculty and teaching staff in fulfilling their academic, research, and service responsibilities. Examples include composing and editing documents for classes, research materials, and general correspondence. This includes providing support to the Humanities Division and Humanities Division Chair.
- Serve as communication liaison on and off campus.
- Utilize electronic resources and tools to facilitate classroom teaching.
- Serve as backup support for Academic Support Assistant position(s).
- Provide a variety of functions that are critical to the efficient and effective operation of an Institutional Review Board (IRB). Functions include, but are not limited to, agenda preparation, meeting minutes, board correspondence, and keeping records in the protocol database according to federal requirements.
- Support faculty recruiting and hiring process. Assist search committee with on-line application system. Plan and coordinate all aspects of initial and on-campus interviews.
- Maintain department internet and intranet websites according to College and accessibility standards.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Three years of experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to use multiple modes of communication effectively across all levels of constituencies
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Independently organizes and manages workloads in an efficient manner
- Champions Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
MCAS (Microsoft Certified Application Specialist) Certification in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required. Certification in Sharepoint desirable.