The Environmental Service Attendant may work in any location on client premises. This individual cleans and keeps in an orderly condition facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities, or other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities, client requirements and applicable industry standards.
- Cleans offices, patients’/residents’ rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
- May perform hard-surface floor scrubbing, stripping, and refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, which require the use of mechanical equipment.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in gymnasiums or dance studios, to include cleaning, screening, stripping, sanding, and refinishing.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows, and window coverings.
- Will be required to use cleaning chemicals properly and safely per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies and materials.
- May change sheets and replenish linens.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance repairs or additions observed.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May participate in snow and ice management duties, including the operation of snow removal equipment
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- FREE Meal with every shift
- Benefits available on first day of employment (Full-time) only
- Paid Vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid Training
- Growth Opportunity
Covid-19 Vaccine vaccination - ***Currently, the Covid-19 Booster is not required, but that may change, please be alert to this potential requirement change***
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient and compliant completion of duties.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Possess a valid driver’s license if required to drive a vehicle
- Blood Borne Pathogen Training.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).