Payroll Specialist I will process payroll for all students and assist with student employment setup, and provide back-up for bi-weekly and monthly payroll processing This will include, but is not limited to:
- Complete the onboarding hiring step for new student employees in payroll.
- Upload new employee information into the time management system.
- Maintain current badge number information as reported from Dining Services.
- Review and maintain the accuracy of time being recorded by student employees which includes multiple supervisors, job codes and department codes entered via time clocks or logged in by student employees.
- Ensure that supervisors are approving the time information submitted by student employees.
- Verify time information totals are accurately transferred into the payroll system.
- Maintain pay rate information for student employees in accordance with union agreements and rates established by the Human Resources office.
- Process the student (semi-monthly) payroll in a timely, consistent manor.
- Report cash requirement and check information to appropriate accounting staff each payroll.
- Generate general ledger posting reports after each payroll.
- Maintain paper file information related to student payroll processing.
- Generate reports from payroll and time management systems as requested.
- Answer questions and concerns from student employees and supervisors.
- Train supervisors and employees to use the time management software and retrieve pay statement and tax form information from the payroll system.
In addition, Payroll Specialist I will assist the Student Employment Manager with administrative tasks, including:
- Onboarding of student employees (including I9 compliance, completion of tax and other forms)
- Management of requests for positions, and maintaining the position description library
- Creation of department and job codes within Payroll system
- Regular reporting of data from payroll systems
- Ensuring compliance with college policies
- Ensuring compliance with Student Union contract language
- Other duties as assigned.