The Accountant examines, analyzes and interprets accounting records to prepare financial statements for the company and its subsidiaries as either a specialist or generalist for montly reporting to managment and quarterly filings with regulatory bodies. This job will require 2-5 days a week in the home office located in Grinnell, Iowa. Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Grinnell Mutual sponsorship.
- Prepares, examines, and analyzes financial statements and other financial reports for assigned areas as a generalist or a specialist to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Reconciles and balances transactions for designated areas accurately and in accordance with applicable laws.
- Maintains recordkeeping and/or accounting systems software.
- Operates in accordance with applicable laws and departmental standards. Stays current with changing legislation, shares knowledge with manager and co-workers, and applies information as appropriate.
- Compiles information and files reports to assist the internal and external auditors with annual audit.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses in order to make recommendations to manager or business leaders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.