2nd Adventure Group is looking for a Senior Director, Digital Engineering to take us to the next level as we scale. Our ideal candidate is an experienced digital product leader with a passion for delivering digital solutions that meet market needs and wow our customers. We are seeking a strong leader who has experience with leading development teams for large-scale digital platforms. This role will be responsible for development on eCommerce platforms for Brownells.com and CrowShootingSupply.com in addition to leading development for AR15.com and Gunstruction. We are passionate about building great digital products and creating a collaborative culture while developing a customer focused experience. If you share that same mindset and have a strong desire to lead teams through 2nd Adventure’s digital customer journey, this could be the role for you! Candidates with exceptional experience and a proven track record of success may be considered for a VP level role. If you’re ready for your next great adventure, and you would like to join our data-driven, customer focused, digital company just outside the Des Moines metro area…APPLY NOW!
This role is eligible for hybrid or remote work arrangements.
Benefits You Will Enjoy
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental, and Vision packages to fit your needs
- Additional voluntary supplemental insurance plans
- Fully vested 401(k) company match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Career Pathing Program
- Generous employee discount
- Full range access at our Big Springs Shooting Complex
- Opportunity to work alongside people who are passionate about adventure and the outdoors!
What You Will Do
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and lead engineering teams for Brownells.com, CrowShootingSupply.com, AR15.com, and Gunstruction to create robust and reliable solutions that deliver against an ambitious product roadmap across a portfolio of digital, mobile, retail, marketing, and social experience technologies
- Partner closely with the product owners to develop the vision for our product offering and ensure that the architecture is designed for the near and long term
- Lead the team to deliver products and platforms which accelerate delivery while fostering an environment which allows for a test and learn culture
- Lead the effort to build the right resource plan comprised of a mix of team members, contract, and offshore labor to drive effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide hands-on leadership inspiring teams to innovate with purpose and build products that impact millions of customers each year
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of demonstrated success leading teams to architect, develop and maintain complex eCommerce and consumer web products using modern lean/agile product development techniques
- Experience with B2B, B2C, eCommerce, and Marketing platforms required
- Experience leading multi-site (onshore and offshore) / multi-product engineering and solution architecture teams across a diverse landscape
- Strong experience in a high availability, high transaction environment
- Experience with managing a complex portfolio of products and ability to optimize resource allocation based on platform strategy, product goals and business goals
Knowledge & Skills
- A great blend of technology, strategic thinking, business drive, and a strong track record of bringing great new products to market, while building and developing a highly capable, driven team
- Strong leadership, people and change management, communication, and analytical skills
- Technical leadership, including application architecture design, code reviews, release responsibilities, production support, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern platform architectures and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of engineering and architecture fundamentals and coding best practices with ability to review full-stack code using modern frameworks and quickly learn unfamiliar technologies
Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally, and other sedentary criteria are met.
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments