Coordinates all aspects of public health for Poweshiek County and associated programs: school immunization audits, immunization clinics, communicable disease control, public health emergency preparedness visiting home care aide services, foot care clinics, community care clinic, and other public health programs as requested. Position will also be responsible for management of corporate wellness programming and leading the community health needs assessment for GRMC and public health. .
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Public Health Oversight
- Works closely with Iowa Department of Public Health to meet state standards, execute and report on grant funding
- Coordinates and orients nurses to Immunization Clinics in accordance with CDC and IDPH standards and participates in clinics.
- Responsible for writing Immunization Services RFP and completing all reports and following all standards as required in the contract.
- Coordinates community care clinic
- Orders vaccine for Immunization clinics and Influenza clinics and assures proper handling and storage of vaccines.
- Audits Poweshiek County public schools and day care centers for compliance with immunization standards and reports results to the Board of Health.
- Performs effective communicable disease prevention and follow up.
- Serves as a liaison with area schools and businesses for communicable disease, immunization, and health education and follow up.
- Reports to the Board of Health concerning Communicable Disease, Public Health concerns and Immunization program
- Organizes and directs influenza and other immunization clinics for community and local businesses.
- Accountable for the daily operations of a specific nursing department including, but not limited to:
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, assigning, and directing work, counseling, performance appraisal, rewarding and disciplining personnel.
- Assists in development of the specific nursing department’s annual operating and capital budget as well as monitoring performance/function to stay within established budget parameters.
- Assists with ensuring that all departmental activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations, licensing standards, and all other laws governing healthcare operations.
- Leads county board of health meetings, prepares agenda and reports
- Represents GRMC in various community work groups and initiatives
Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) or commensurate experience
3-5 years supervisory experience
Previous public health and home care experience preferred
Valid, unrestricted, State of Iowa RN license
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons
Good oral and written communication skills
Familiar with Microsoft office products