The Medical Director will be a leader in the creation of a patient-centric, physician-driven organization through the development, implementation, and oversight of systems and processes that ensure the highest quality of care, patient safety, and evidence based medical standards are practiced at GRMC. In a dyad model of leadership with the CEO, the GRMC Medical Director will: Promote patient centric care models; Support high performing medical group as well as network providers; Provide oversight and guidance on best clinical outcomes and care coordination while supporting the sustainability of the organization. In addition to the part time leadership responsibilities, this physician will also serve as a practicing provider in the hospital and/or clinics.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
· Engage providers in enhancing the patient experience through best practices, accountability, transparency and continuous improvement activities.
· Foster a positive culture amongst the medical staff and across the organization.
· Develops and implements performance improvement strategies.
· Serves as a member of the Senior Management Team.
· Demonstrates leadership in the development and implementation of programs and strategies to meet organizational needs related to the Medical Staff and quality patient care.
· Assists the Medical Staff and hospital management in fulfilling their obligations to each other and their responsibilities to patients for the provision of quality care.
· Works closely with the Medical Staff President and other physician leaders, including Department and Committee Chairs.
· Works collaboratively with providers and hospital leadership to develop and implement initiatives that improve the quality and cost effectiveness of medical care.
· Is responsive to the concerns and needs of Medical Staff members; fosters and contributes to a close and mutually beneficial relationship between the Medical Staff and hospital management.
· Assists management in all matters related to the Medical Staff and health care issues, including addressing provider disruptive behavior; constructing creative solutions to issues.
· Serves as liaison between the Medical Staff and management; specifically representing clinical interests to management.
· Initiates, coordinates, and assists in ongoing Medical Staff/hospital management projects and activities.
· Assists the Medical Staff in achieving its short- and long-term objectives by planning and overseeing the implementation of appropriate programs.
· Coordinates Medical Staff committee activities and provides appropriate staff, leadership, and guidance for such activities.
· Responsible for compliance within areas of responsibilities to include credentialing of the Medial Staff and adherence to Medical Staff Bylaws as required by regulatory agencies, i.e. DNV, CARF, CMS, DIA, etc.
· Serves as consultant to HIM department and assists in the ongoing initiatives to improve clinical documentation.
· Participates in the recruitment and retention of Medical Staff.
· Serves as a liaison with outside organizations regarding medical information, education, and public relations.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.