Chamber of Commerce
As a dynamic leader, the Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce supports businesses, facilitates connections, builds community, acts as a central information source, and is a catalyst for economic growth, making Grinnell a vibrant place to live, learn, work, and play.
To advance the economic development, vitality and growth of the community
A regional destination recognized for innovation, opportunity, education, and sustainable growth
- The Chamber works to implement proactive initiative that offer the greatest opportunity for Grinnell to grow its populations
- The Chamber aims to address the following areas during 2018
- Many people in Grinnell's current workforce live outside of the community and commute to work
- The quality of an education system is a key factor in choosing to live in a community, therefore a strong education system is critical for keeping the existing population and attracting new residents
- Housing availability at all levels is a very important factor in choosing to live in a community
- The Chamber and Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) respond to inquiries from visitors, residents, and those looking to relocate or start a business; provide a central source of information with a community calendar and community links; operate a physical visitor & information center; manage social networking endeavors; and develop and print visitor guides.
- The Chamber is actively working to retain and grow estimating businesses and services, as well as, recruiting new business and services
- Major employers are vital to the economic health and growth potential of Grinnell
- Existing small businesses and services are the backbone of Grinnell's economy and quality of life
- New businesses and services improve the economy and quality of life
- The Chamber and CVB work to prevent retail sales leakage with shop local campaigns and a wide variety of promotions. These promotions include a variety of retail events as well as punch card promotions throughout the year. The Chamber and CVB also connect members to increase Business to Business spending and provide networking opportunities; operate a small business marketing center to help businesses get the word out about their products and services; recruit businesses to Grinnell and provide start-up support to entrepreneurs; and staff visitor information tables at tournaments, college events and community fairs to connect visitors to Grinnell businesses.
- The Chamber & CVB aim to promote Grinnell as a destination
- A healthy downtown is the cornerstone of community pride, economic health and visitor attraction
- Visitor attraction leads to a stronger economy
- The Chamber & CVB coordinate traditional events like the 4th of July Celebrations, Grinnell Games, Farmers Market, Friday Night Live, and Jingle Bell Holiday and provide publicity and promotional support to many organizations that host community events.
- The Chamber & CVB work to brand Grinnell as a compelling business development location; package opportunities and implement city marketing plans; market Grinnell to outside tournaments, meetings, groups, event goers, interstate, conventions and weekend travelers; respond to requests for information from alumni, family reunions and other groups; provide logistical support and coordinate visits; develop events that call attention to Grinnell's assets especially with regard to recreation, dining, downtown development and the arts.
Proud Member of