Join the Chamber
Thank you for your interest in the Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce! We look forward to working with you. As a dynamic leader, the Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce supports businesses, facilitates connections, builds community, acts as a central information source, and is a catalyst for economic growth, making Grinnell a vibrant place to live, learn, work, and play.
WHAT THE CHAMBER DOES FOR THE COMMUNITY
- Business Support: increase awareness of Grinnell’s businesses and organizations both locally and to the outside world
- Local spending campaigns and awareness events (Jingle Bell Holiday, Small Business Saturday, etc.)
- Networking opportunities and business to business connections (Chamber Ambassadors, et al.)
- Business awareness and collaborative marketing (e-newsletter, social media, print materials)
- Community Vitality: call attention to Grinnell’s assets, attract visitors and enhance the quality of life for residents
- Operate Visitor Center as community information hub (digital, print and in-person information)
- Quality of life events and initiatives (ice skating rink, Grinnell Games, Grinnell on the Fourth celebration)
- Destination marketing and community branding projects (press releases, award nominations, visitor guide)
- Community Development: support the greater good to help grow the local economy
- Business development (business plans, strategic growth projects, identify new investment)
- Population growth (housing advocacy, digital housing database, support to newcomers)
- Workforce advocacy (job postings, community orientations, Grinnell Connect young professionals group)
MEMBERSHIP: AN EFFECTIVE & PROVEN BUSINESS STRATEGY
- Consumers say that being active in a local chamber of commerce is 23% more effective for communicating that a company uses good business practices.*
- A chamber company will also find a 73% increase in consumer awareness over a non-chamber company.*
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber, consumers are 10% more likely to think its products stack up better against its competition.*
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the Chamber, they are 49% more likely to think favorably of it and 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.*
*This information is from a study conducted by the Schapiro Group, an Atlanta-based strategic consulting firm, commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), in cooperation with the Western Association of Chamber Executives.
HOW THE CHAMBER CAN HELP YOU
- Digital Marketing: Submit events, job openings, property listings, annoucnements, etc. to the Chamber's website and weekly e-newsletter
- Print Marketing: Use the Chamber's bulk mail permit to save on postage for a large mailing
- Publicity: Submit photos and video of your business for use on the Chamber's website, social media and publications
- Networking & Connections: Get involved with the Chamber Ambassadors or any of our social relationship building events to help grow your professional network.
- Business Development: Ask for assistance with business plans, succession planning or business expansion
Membership dues are calculated based on the number of employees your business has (the base rate for 1-2 employees is $250.75 annually). Dues may be paid annually, quarterly or monthly. To join the Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce, contact the Chamber at:
Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce
833 Fourth Ave., P.O. Box 538
Grinnell, IA 50112
Click here to register online to be a member!