Drake Community Library, 930 Park Street, Grinnell, IA 50112
Wednesday, October 26, 2022 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sign up for the 2022 Chrismas Share Program will begin on Monday, October 24 and run through Friday, October 29. The Christmas Share program is completely confidential and works to provide food and gifts to Poweshiek County residents for the holiday season. Sign up will take place from 10AM - 12PM at Drake Community Library.
To avoid long lines and extended wait times, please use the suggested schedule:
- Wednesday, Oct 26: Last Names N-Q
- Thursday, Oct 27: Last Names R-T
- Friday, Oct 28: Last Names U-Z
- Saturday, Oct 29: By Appointmetn Only, call Second Mile at 236-7892 during regular business hours (9am-3pm Mon-Wed & Fri, 9am-5pm Thurs, 9am-12pm Sat)
Required Documents for Sign-Up:
1. Photo ID
2. Utility Bill (proof of residency)
3. One of the following: Subsidized rent receipt, LIHEAP Approval/Appointment, Current SNAP or DHS Notice of Decision
4. If signing up children, birth certificate is required.
5. Proof of residency is required for anyone over 18.
If you're interested in sponsoring an individual or family, please call 641-990-9474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Must sign up before October 30. Family information forwareded to sponsors the week of October 31, gift drop off will be Monday, December 5.
If you know of someone that is hurting, dealing with an illness, needs help but ar uncomfortable asking for help, the Christmas Share phone number is 641-990-9474 and can help them get assistance discretely.