Successfully functions as a Respiratory Care Practitioner as defined by the Iowa Board of Respiratory Care Practitioner Examiners of the Iowa Department of Public health. Provides Respiratory Care for patients under the direction of a physician. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, quality patient/family care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families.
$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL NEW HIRES
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
- Demonstrates clinical competency and technical knowledge in the delivery and administration of patient respiratory care interventions and treatments including initiation of ventilatory support, delivery of aerosolized medications, implementation and maintenance of protocols approved by medical staffing. Monitors and assesses breath sounds and vital signs. May also work in the Pulmonary Function Lab.
- Assesses needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
- Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
- Documents in the electronic medical record of patient any teaching that has been provided to patient and family.
- Audits patient records to ensure accuracy of patient care documentation and associated billing.
- Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgment and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
- Utilizes a holistic approach (considering psychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
- Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and holding them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
- Consistently delivers high quality care utilizing the respiratory care process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies and procedures and standards of care.
- Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
- Collects data from record review to ensure that standardized care is being provided consistently to improve patient outcomes, regulatory compliance and satisfaction.
- Performs functions other than described due to extenuating circumstances.
- This position may be assigned a specific mission to address in an emergency situation to assist in disaster response and recovery as part of the Unity Point Health Grinnell Hospital Emergency Incident Command System. Situations of a critical nature may require an individual to perform multiple tasks until additional support can be obtained.
- Continues professional development by involvement in professional activities that enhance respiratory care practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.