Join the Chamber
Thank you for your interest in the Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce! We look forward to working with you. As a dynamic leader, the Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce supports businesses, facilitates connections, builds community, acts as a central information source, and is a catalyst for economic growth, making Grinnell a vibrant place to live, learn, work, and play.
The Board of Directors has outlines goals to help support and drive three focus areas in 2023: Community Visioning, Economic Development, and Member Support. We're eager to engage with our members and stakeholders to tackle important issues in each of these key areas.
Membership investment level is chosen by each businesses. Click HERE to see investment levels. Dues are an annual commitment with the option to be paid annually, quarterly or monthly. Click here to register online to be a member! To learn more about individual tier benefits, contact the Chamber at:
Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce
833 Fourth Ave., P.O. Box 538
Grinnell, IA 50112
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS A CHAMBER?
A chamber is an economic development engine, the voice of business in our community, serving as an advocate for business-owners and working everyday to make our community a better place to live, work and play.
WHAT THE CHAMBER DOES FOR THE GRINNELL COMMUNITY
- Communicate exciting opportunities and developments happening within member businesses to the community-at-large.
- Innovatively engage with our members to identify challenges and offer solutions.
- Vocally advocate for businesses with local, state, and federal elected officials.
- Invite people to convene in addressing areas of opportunity for our businesses.
- Champion local businesses and the work taking place in our community.
- Business Support: Grinnell Chamber Bucks, Grinnell Small Business Relief Fund, Grinnell Gift Cards, Grinnell To Go.com.
- Local spending campaigns and awareness events (Jingle Bell Holiday, Small Business Saturday, etc.)
- Networking opportunities and business to business connections (Chamber Ambassadors, Connecting for Women, etc.)
- Business awareness and collaborative marketing (e-newsletter, social media, print materials)
- Community Vitality: Call attention to Grinnell’s assets, attract visitors and enhance the quality of life for residents
- Destination marketing and community branding projects (press releases, award nominations, visitor guide)
- Community Development: Support the greater good to help grow the local economy
- Business development (business plans, strategic growth projects, identify new investment)
- Population growth (housing advocacy, digital housing database, support to newcomers)
- Workforce advocacy (job postings, community orientations, internship/apprenticeship advocacy)
MEMBERSHIP: AN EFFECTIVE & PROVEN BUSINESS STRATEGY
- Consumers say that being active in a local chamber of commerce is 23% more effective for communicating that a company uses good business practices.*
- A chamber company will also find a 73% increase in consumer awareness over a non-chamber company.*
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber, consumers are 10% more likely to think its products stack up better against its competition.*
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the Chamber, they are 49% more likely to think favorably of it and 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.*
*This information is from a study conducted by the Schapiro Group, an Atlanta-based strategic consulting firm, commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), in cooperation with the Western Association of Chamber Executives.
HOW THE CHAMBER CAN HELP YOU
- Digital Marketing: Submit events, job openings, announcements, property listings (rent or sale) etc. to the Chamber's website, weekly e-newsletter and to be featured on the Chamber's social media channels including Facebook & Instagram.
- Publicity: Submit photos and video of your business for use on the Chamber's website in your business listing, on Chamber's social media channels and in publications.
- Networking & Connections: Get involved with the Chamber Ambassadors or any of our social relationship building events to help grow your professional network.
- Business Development: Ask for assistance with business plans, succession planning or business expansion. Sign up for a discounted rate for our education courses like Bite Sized Learning.
- Print Marketing: Use the Chamber's bulk mail permit to save on postage for a large mailing.