Merrill Park, 802 11th Ave, Grinnell, IA 50112
Monday, September 21, 2020 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Nature & Outdoors
Sports & Recreation
Join Imagine Grinnell for the Prairie Burn 100 Weekly Ride, sponsored by Grinnell State Bank.
- Every Monday, meet at 5:30pm and take off by 6pm
- Start at Merrill Park’s west shelter
- We’ll pick a route that covers approximately 20 miles of gravel
As cyclists, we know the tremendous benefits we enjoy when we see the world on two wheels, whether on our own or as part of a group. We all can acknowledge that COVID-19 creates some challenges when it comes to group activities. With that in mind, the Prairie Burn team wants to provide an outlet that people can experience the fun of riding your bike in the countryside but with some basic guidelines to help keep everyone safe. We ask that anyone joining us adhere to the following guidelines. If you don't like the rules, that is okay, maybe this ride isn't for you.
1. You are responsible for you. Although we strive to facilitate the most welcoming and inclusive experience, by joining this ride you acknowledge that it is done entirely at your own risk, on your own accord and every participant is to be considered on a solo excursion.
2. If you or anyone in your immediate household has any of the COVID-19 symptoms this ride is not for you. Stay home.
3. The use of a face covering is mandatory for all participants at the start and end of the ride and at any point when there is prolonged stationary activity involving more than 2 people.
4. We ask that people use their better judgement when on the ride to maintain the desired physical separation of each rider. Some riders may elect to ride close together and draft while others desire some breathing room. We won't enforce any specific restriction on this other than asking you to be sensitive and considerate of others.
5. If a lot of riders show up, we will encourage the formation of "pods" of 3–5 riders each to help maintain some physical separation. These clusters of riders almost always happen organically during group rides anyway.
6. Summer time in Iowa can get steamy. If the heat index reaches 90 degrees, we’ll postpone the ride until the following week.